NSF started in Michigan in 1944, and we have been at the heart of the global automotive industry through its ups and downs. NSF performs third-party audits. Our headquarter's proximity to Detroit has given us an advantage no registrar can claim. NSF can obtain the best resources in the industry for our clients. Relying on our team's industry expertise, there is no one better to navigate the business through the complex world of automotive requirements.
This ensures that there is no better registrar than NSF for your automotive service solutions. NSF has a team of auditors with several years experience in automotive, located in key geographic locations all over the world. In automotive, perhaps more than any other industry, profit margins are thin. NSF realizes that this is a driving factor and has designed our services so that you get maximum reductions allowed by accreditation.
- Since the inception of ISO 9001 in 1987, NSF has built a team of global auditors. Chances are there is an auditor local to you, reducing non value added expenses such as travel.
- Integrated services – NSF has regionally based, cross-trained auditors that can perform multiple registrations on the same company. We have studied the similarities between the standards and can adjust audit time based on the degree of commonality.
- Free-of-charge benchmarking – Through NSF Online, each NSF report contains performance comparisons of you company vs. the rest of our registered clients. In addition, it can compare, at no additional charge, how you company performs against corporate goals and other facilities in your organization and tracks progress over time. This information alone would cost a company more than they pay for their entire registration. (There are 30 measures including: PPM, IPPM, OTD, CpK, inventory, recordable incidents, yield, and many more metrics used by the auto industry.)
There is no other registrar as experienced in automotive as NSF, and the choice should be clear to the automotive supply chain. NSF focuses on the health of the business and the ability to keep customers happy. As we say ... Performance not Just Conformance ... are what our audits are based on. Your customers will recognize NSF's brand and know what it stands for.
Registered clients would expect an automotive registrar to offer ISO 9001 and ISO /TS 16949. NSF is always anticipating "what's next" and gets the expertise to deliver. Sustainability, carbon management, water management, and industry diversification concerns are contemporary issues that NSF can bundle with your management systems.
Ask NSF what is right for your management system:
- Sustainability and the environment – On the news and on the agenda of every industry. Who better to define this and provide a solution than NSF, who authored the original document that became ISO 14001? Verifying content claims, gap analysis, and risk assessments are services that NSF can provide.
- Water and carbon management – Everyone has heard about cap and trade but what does it mean to the auto industry? NSF has free data that demonstrates the impact of carbon management on the automotive supply chain. Water management will be the next hot topic and we are prepared to measure suppliers’ water footprint as well. Without expensive consulting NSF can measure your carbon and water footprint and that of your supply chain with our proprietary software Trucost. No other registrar has this software that was featured in the Newsweek article of the top environmental companies.
- Industry diversification – NSF remained dedicated to the automotive market during the downturn of 2008-9. Our registered companies had to diversify and we did too. Offering combined services to AS9100 – aerospace, ISO 13485 – medical device, ISO 20000 – IT service providers, and supplier audits. If your main business is auto and you need to diversify, our auditors will audit these standards as they apply to your unique customer base. There is no need to worry if the auditor will give conflicting observations based on the differences in standards.