Greenhouse Gas Management
NSF, a global leader in management systems registrations, has expanded its environmental services to provide verification and validation of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventories and projects and is one of a few leading bodies in this field to be accredited by ANSI.
Why Quantify GHG Emissions and Removals
- Identify opportunities for improving energy efficiency and reducing
- Meet public and shareholder expectations for responsible GHG management
- Prepare for governmental regulation of CO2 and other GHGs
- Realize carbon banking and trading opportunities
Benefits of Independent GHG Verification
- Allows sale of GHG offset credits from projects
- Provides confidence in reliability of GHG assertions
- Enhances public credibility of GHG reduction efforts
- Meets regulatory and voluntary GHG reporting initiatives
- Provides recommendations to strengthen your management of GHG opportunities and risks
Our GHG Services
- GHG Inventory Verification - NSF provides independent assurance that reported emissions of greenhouse gases are fairly stated. Our verification service satisfies requirements of GHG reporting programs like The Climate Registry. This service is ANSI accredited.
- GHG Project Verification - NSF verifies that a greenhouse gas project has
delivered the emission reductions or carbon sequestration that a project developer asserts. Our project sectors currently include landfill gas, livestock methane, and forestry. ANSI accreditation for these sectors is in process.
- GHG Project Validation - NSF validates that a greenhouse gas project is capable of delivering the emission reductions or carbon sequestration that its designers intend. This service is sometimes combined with the initial verification of offset credits. ANSI accreditation for this service is pending.
- Verification of GHG-Related Environmental Claims - NSF verifies environmental claims relating to the carbon footprint of products, the carbon neutrality of products, and the use of renewable energy.
Why Select NSF
- Confidence from working with an organization with more than 65 years experience in conducting
- Efficiency and audit productivity through risk-based audits that focus on the areas presenting the highest potential risk to your organization.
- We have unmatched technical GHG expertise. We helped to write the ISO 14064:2006 international
- Capability in electric power, chemical industry, transportation, manufacturing, and forestry sectors.
- Worldwide support from our international audit and service staff.
Industry Sectors Served and Examples of Project Types
Industry Sectors Served:
- Agriculture, food, and beverage
- Chemical and petrochemical
- Electric power
- Governmental entities
- Mining, oil, and gas
- Office-based organizations
- Pulp and paper
- Waste management
- Coal mine methane
- Landfill gas
- Livestock manure management
Let NSF put our expertise to work for you, providing value-added verifications and validations for assertions associated with greenhouse gas inventories and projects.
For more details about our greenhouse gas management services or a wider look at our comprehensive range of sustainable business solutions for your business, please contact NSF.
NSF understands the importance of impartiality and managing potential conflicts of interest. We have developed and implemented procedures to ensure the objectivity of our GHG validation/verification activities. Please contact NSF for further information.