The NSF Food Safety Leadership Awards Program
NSF International wishes to congratulate the 2012 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award Winners. This year, three winners were recognized for their outstanding commitment to food safety:
- 2012 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award for Research Advances
Vijay K. Juneja, D.V.M., M.S., Ph.D., Lead Scientist, Predictive Microbiology for Food Safety, Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- 2012 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award Winner for Systems Improvement
Earthbound Farm, one of the nation's largest producers of gourmet salad greens
- 2012 NSF Food Safety Leadership Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
Ewen C.D. Todd, Ph.D., President, Ewen Todd Consulting and Former Director of Food Safety Policy Center, Michigan State University
From left to right: Robert Prevendar, NSF Director of Supply Chain Food Safety; Dr. Vijay Juneja (winner), Lead Scientist, Predictive Microbiology for Food Safety Program, Eastern Regional Research Center, USDA-ARS; Dr. Ewen Todd (winner), President of Ewen Todd Consulting, and Former Director of the Food Safety Policy Center at Michigan State University; Will Daniels (winner), Senior Vice President of Quality, Food Safety and Organic Integrity at Earthbound Farms (accepted the award on behalf of Earthbound Farms). Click image to download hi-res version.
View the 2012 press release.
View photos of past NSF Food Safety Leadership Award winners.
We wish to thank all those nominations which were received and express our appreciation for the time and dedication committed to pursuing a nomination. Special thanks to the 2012 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award independent panel of jurors:
- Mary M. Adolf, M.S., R.D., Executive Director, International Pizza Hut Franchise Holders Association
- Shelley Feist, Executive Director, Partnership for Food Safety Education (PFSE)
- Donna Garren, Ph.D., Vice President, Regulatory and Technical Affairs, American Frozen Food Institute
- Jack Guzewich, formerly of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (retired)
- Ernest Julian, Ph.D., Chief of the Office of Food Protection, Rhode Island Department of Health
- Ronald S. Klein, formerly of the Food Safety and Sanitation program at the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (retired)
- Jim Mann, Founder and Executive Director, The Handwashing For Life Institute
- Donald Schaffner, Ph.D., Extension Specialist in Food Science, Rutgers University
- Katherine Swanson, President-Elect, IAFP, and Vice President of Food Safety, Ecolab Inc.
- David Theno, Ph.D., CEO, Gray Dog Partners Inc., Food Consulting
- Ewen C.D. Todd, Ph.D., President, Ewen Todd Consulting, and former Director of Food Safety Policy Center, Michigan State University*
For more information on the NSF Food Safety Leadership Awards, contact Kim Van Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org.