FSLA Guidelines and Criteria
Deadline for Submission
The nomination deadline for the 2015 Food Safety Leadership Awards is February 27, 2015. NSF International must receive your nomination package by this date for your entry to be valid.
Food Safety Innovation Award
The Food Safety Innovation Award honors outstanding breakthroughs in food safety. This includes advancements in equipment design, product or packaging innovation, exceptional systems improvement and research advances.
Training and Education Award
The Training and Education Award recognizes exceptional academics and training programs that have furthered the understanding and practice of food safety principles.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes leaders within the food industry who have made significant contributions to advancing food safety.
Criteria and Guidelines
Your nomination form and supporting documents are the only materials that the selection committee will use to assess your nominee’s contribution to food safety and its reach, effectiveness and impact.
- Nominators are NSF’s point of contact during the submission and selection process and are responsible for ensuring that all requirements are met
- Individuals and companies may submit multiple nominations provided they are for separate categories
- Only one category should be selected per nomination.
- International nominations are welcome
- Short-term and long-term food safety contributions are acceptable
- Self-nominations are acceptable
- Nomination information should be relevant to the selected category
- More than one award winner in any category is possible
Selection Process and Scoring
NSF will present all nominations to the Food Safety Leadership Awards Selection Committee for review. This committee will review submissions to determine award recipients in each category based on a scoring system utilizing the following criteria:
- Scope – 20 points
Outline of the project’s objective, details and goal.
- Result – 40 points
What were the results of the project? How well did the program work?
- Impact – 40 points
Was the program’s impact local or national? How many people did it impact and who was impacted?
All claims made in the nomination form must be substantiated with supporting documentation.