NSF-DBA Expands Pharmaceutical Services in the U.S. and Hires Leading Pharmaceutical Experts
BOSTON — Increasing scrutiny of pharmaceutical companies’ Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliance and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversight of over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and dietary supplements has created a greater demand for high quality pharmaceutical training and consulting services. NSF-DBA, an NSF International company with more than 25 years of pharmaceutical experience, adds five leading pharmaceutical experts to provide consulting and in-house training services to help companies comply with international regulations and improve quality management systems:
- Ed Arling, a former Investigator with the State of Illinois and the FDA, has more than 30 years experience leading Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance programs for leading pharmaceutical companies such as Pharmacia, Pfizer and Amgen. He currently focuses on quality system assessments, pre-approval inspection readiness, deviation and CAPA (corrective and preventive action) management and related regulatory activity.
- Peter H. Calcott, Ph.D., former Chair of the Biotechnology Industry Organization Regulatory Affairs committee has more than 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Calcott has held senior positions in quality, research and development (R&D), regulatory affairs, process development and manufacturing at major pharmaceutical companies, including Chiron, Immunex, SmithKline Beecham, and Bayer.
- Stan Cryz Ph.D. is a widely respected specialist in the area of bacterial and viral vaccine development, characterization and clinical evaluation, and has more than 30 years of experience in R&D and biologics manufacture. Cryz most recently served as Deputy Director of Development and Production for MassBiologics, an FDA-licensed manufacturer of vaccines and biologics in the U.S.
- Matt Krsulich M.S. is an analytical chemist and pharmacologist with nearly 30 years of pharmaceutical quality management experience. Krsulich previously managed QC operations and regulatory CMC (Chemistry Manufacturing Controls) projects at a senior level at Pfizer Inc. and has hands-on experience with global GMP requirements and quality systems.
- Luba Skibo M.S., an analytical chemist with 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, has worked at Pfizer and most recently served as the Director of Regulatory Affairs for Merial Limited Pharmaceuticals. Skibo managed Merial’s global regulatory strategy and the post-approval management team for pharmaceutical and biological products.
“The complexity of pharmaceutical production and regulations demands experienced trainers and consultants who can offer expert guidance to companies and high quality education courses,” said Bob Pietrowski, Ph.D., Managing Partner of NSF-DBA. “We are pleased to welcome these individuals to the NSF-DBA team as together they bring over 140 years of combined expertise.”
For more information about NSF-DBA consultancy and in-house training services in the U.S., visit www.nsf-dba.com or contact Jim Morris at 617-342-3625 (email@example.com) or Neil Wilkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About NSF International: NSF International, an independent, not-for-profit organization, certifies products and writes standards for food, water, dietary supplements and consumer goods to protect human health and the environment (www.nsf.org). Founded in 1944, NSF is committed to protecting public health and safety worldwide. NSF is a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Food and Water Safety and Indoor Environment. Additional NSF services include sustainability services through NSF Sustainability, management systems registrations delivered through NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) and NSF Education and Training programs.
NSF’s Health Sciences Division offers certification, training, consulting, GMP and GLP testing, R&D and auditing for the pharmaceutical, dietary supplement and medical device industries. The Health Sciences Division includes NSF Dietary Supplements, NSF Pharmalytica, a GLP & GMP contract laboratory, and NSF-DBA, which has 25 years of pharma training expertise. NSF International developed the American National Standard for Dietary Supplements (NSF/ANSI 173) and tests and certifies supplements against this standard via the NSF Dietary Supplements Certification Program. NSF’s Health Science Division operates globally throughout North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
CONTACT: Kelly Nichols