Automotive Sheet Metal Parts Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Benefits of Certification
- Certification Process
NSF International's Automotive Collision Replacement Parts Certification Program verifies the quality and performance of sheet metal parts through extensive testing and rigorous facility inspections. Our engineers independently evaluate and compare aftermarket parts to original equipment service parts to ensure the highest level of performance in form, fit and function.
Our program certifies automotive sheet metal parts that:
- Are made of materials equivalent to that of the original equipment manufacturer service parts
- Meet all thickness and adhesion requirements for any coatings
- Meet all dimensional and strength requirements
- Meet all performance and fit requirements
- Meet all in-plant quality control requirements including passing an in-plant audit
- Meet all packaging requirements
Examples of parts that could meet these requirements are fenders, hoods, side doors, truck tailgates and bedsides.
To learn more about NSF’s automotive certification services, please contact email@example.com.
Why Work With NSF?
Our history of testing and certifying products for nearly 70 years ensures that certified automotive parts meet rigid quality, safety and performance standards. Manufacturers of high quality parts can distinguish their parts and brand, compared to others in the marketplace, by using NSF certification to show equivalency to OEM service parts in form, fit and function.
In addition, we have global reach and automotive expertise:
- We have a global presence with strategically placed offices in key automotive markets in Asia, Europe and North America.
- Insurance companies worldwide recognize and support NSF parts for collision parts replacement.
- NSF knows the automotive industry. NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) is recognized globally as one of the premier registrars of automotive manufacturing facilities. NSF-ISR's extensive automotive client list includes both OEMs and major parts manufacturers.
Benefits of Certification
NSF certification allows manufacturers to distinguish their high quality products against all the other me-too parts in the marketplace. Collision repair shops know that NSF-certified parts fit right the first time, saving time and money.
Certified parts bear the NSF mark, an internationally recognized mark of quality and distinction. It assures consumers that when their vehicle is repaired with NSF-certified parts, it is properly and effectively restored to its pre-accident condition.
Certified products and manufacturers are also listed on the NSF website. We extensively promote the certification program and offer co-marketing opportunities to help you promote your products.
Certified manufacturers can use the NSF mark in their promotion and sale of their NSF certified products.
NSF certification verifies the quality and performance of a range of auto parts through testing and inspection. The program is open to parts manufacturers able to meet NSF's rigid quality and production requirements.
The certification process includes:
- Inspection and approval of on-site production and quality systems
- In-plant part quality assurance requirements
- Rigorous part testing to ensure the highest levels of performance
- Vehicle test fit and appearance evaluation
- Ongoing monitoring of certified parts through quarterly facility audits
- Random, in-market part testing
- Verification of an operating customer complaint process and a parts traceability program that allows for effective tracking of parts in the event of a recall
Parts passing all of the stringent requirements are included in the NSF-certified parts listings.
- 8 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Independent global public health and safety organization NSF International has approved a second laboratory – EMSL Analytical,...
- 8 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and TAOYUAN, Taiwan – NSF International, a global organization with 70 years of certification and testing experience,...
- 8 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- NSF International, a global organization with 70 years of certification experience and extensive expertise in writing...