- Good Agricultural Practices
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- United Fresh Produce Harmonized Audit
- Why Work With NSF?
NSF International provides a variety of audits for farmers and growers of all sizes. Whether you’re looking for entry-level food safety guidance or more rigorous audits of your facilities, our experienced and knowledgeable auditors provide the feedback you need for regulatory compliance and retail acceptance.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 877.893.1325 and discover why we’ve been called the most trusted name in food safety.
Good Agricultural PracticesImplementing GAPs can help you meet retail and food buyers’ requirements and open more market opportunities. NSF offers a variety of GAP services to meet your sites’ and buyers’ specific needs, such as Mushroom GAP, Tomato GAP, GLOBALG.A.P. and CanadaGAP. By utilizing GAP guidelines for safe farm management, growing and harvesting techniques and inputs, you take proactive steps to minimize your risk of microbial contamination.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)Developing GMPs is an important first step in building the foundation of your food safety program and this audit can help you establish the integrity of your facility and its compliance with food safety regulations. In addition, GMPs can help guide you on the needed procedures to facilitate trace-back or recall of products. NSF’s GMP experts review your facility against the FDA’s sanitary and processing requirements to help ensure compliance.
United Fresh Produce Harmonized Audit
This single unified standard represents the harmonization of non-certification GAP audits in the U.S. and:
- Focuses on food safety practices of pre-farm gate produce operations
- Includes risk-based, science-based, attainable, auditable and verifiable requirements
- Considers all potential microbiological, chemical and physical hazards, consistent with U.S. FDA regulatory guidance
- Is scalable, applicable to fresh produce operations of various sizes
- Accounts for regional and commodity-specific food safety needs
- Accepts equivalent food safety practices
NSF provides audits to several GLOBALG.A.P. standards.
GLOBALG.A.P. Primary Farm Assurance
This entry-level standard for fruit and vegetable producers covers fundamental food safety for local and domestic markets and is:
- Scalable, providing a stepwise improvement plan toward the full Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) food safety standard
- Recognized as one of the oldest farm certification programs on the market and accepted in over 100 countries by leading retailers
- Market-driven, preferred by leading international retailers as a route for small suppliers to gain access to attractive markets
GLOBALG.A.P. Produce Safety Standard (PSS) Certification
This certification is ideal for producers supplying U.S. and Canadian retailers who are primarily concerned with the food safety of fresh produce. The certification:
- Is scalable, serving as a stepping stone to IFA certification
- Applies to fruits and vegetables for human consumption featured in the GLOBALG.A.P. product list
GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA)
This globally recognized food safety standard covers agricultural businesses such as fresh produce, field crops, livestock production, plant propagation and compound feed manufacture. It improves farm management practices and compliance with legislation in the key areas of food safety, protection of the environment, worker health and safety, and animal welfare. It is also:
- A Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) standard with food safety requirements recognized by retailers and foodservice buyers worldwide
- Implemented on more than 100,000 farms in more than 100 countries
- Well-known, proven and practical to adopt
- Recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) as a primary production scheme
PrimusGFSOne of the most rigorous audits we offer, the PrimusGFS scheme is focused on food safety of fresh or minimally processed products from the agricultural sector that are designated for human consumption. Covering the scope of the supply chain, from pre- and post- farm gate production, PrimusGFS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked and fully recognized audit scheme covering HACCP, both GAP and GMP scopes, and food safety management systems.
At NSF International, we believe auditing should be straightforward, convenient and produce results you can trust. When you choose us, you can expect consistent, personalized service to guide you through the process one step at the time.
We review your audit needs to ensure your business has the audits it needs to fulfill food safety requirements and your customers’ expectations. This review helps reduce audit duplications and enables us to provide you with the right combined audit program.
To ensure technical consistency in each audit, we make sure all our auditors undertake regular calibration. Regardless of who is assigned as your auditor, you can rest assured that you are being evaluated in a consistent manner and you and your customers can rely upon the results.
Why Work With NSF?
NSF International is your global source for agricultural audits. As one of the world’s leading food safety and assurance organizations, we have the expertise and capabilities to provide quality audits and unparalleled customer service.
We have a global network of over 250 auditors, with over 70,000 certificates annually for farms in more than 77 countries. We have more than 20 years of experience working with key agricultural processors, retailers and legislative bodies in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Since 1944, companies around the world have relied on NSF International to meet their farm assurance, food safety and quality needs.
- 2 months ago
GUELPH, Ontario – NSF-GFTC, part of NSF International’s Global Food Division, will help food industry professionals gain strategic insights during...
Global Public Health Organization NSF International Strengthens Global Food Division’s European Team
- 3 months ago
OXFORD, England – Global public health organization NSF International has appointed Kevin Swoffer as Technical Director of its Global Food...
NSF Expands Scientific and Technical Capabilities in Europe Through Acquisition of Erdmann Analytics
- 3 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, USA and RHEDA-WIEDENBRÜCK, Germany — NSF International, an independent global public health and safety organization that develops...