Audits for the Food Storage and Distribution Industry
- Why Work With NSF?
Audits play a key role in verifying proper food safety practices at food storage and distribution facilities. Audit data is used to help select suppliers, demonstrate due diligence for customers and validate internal policies and procedures.
NSF performs thousands of food safety audits every year, and has earned a reputation for thorough, non-biased and accurate auditing, and actionable audit reports. We offer several types of audits to industry-established criteria, retailer-specific requirements or fully customized criteria.
Our nearly 70 years of food safety experience, best-in-class auditor training and global auditor network make us the ideal choice for your storage and distribution sector audits.
To learn more about NSF audits for the S&D industry, or to develop customized audit criteria, contact us at +1 877.893.1325 or email email@example.com.
NSF offers various food safety audits, each with a slightly different focus. The common thread, however, is quality food safety practices.
In addition to audits for GFSI certification, we perform these audits for the food storage and distribution industry:
NSF Supplier Assurance Audit – Formerly known as the NSF Cook & Thurber audit, the NSF Supplier Assurance audit is an industry-leading food safety audit to NSF-established criteria based on best industry practices. Our team provides consistent and thorough audits to established NSF Expectation Guidelines, or can tailor audits to your specific needs.
Download the NSF expectation guideline documents for:
- Animal Welfare Audit - A growing number of food retailers and manufacturers have implemented requirements for their suppliers to abide by animal welfare standards throughout the supply chain. Our audits measure a producer’s or packer’s level of compliance with animal welfare standards.
- Food Defense Audit - Consumer confidence is of critical importance to the food supply chain. We perform food defense audits to ensure that food storage and distribution facilities are efficiently managing several critical areas including documentation, traceability, crisis management, staff training and building security.
Why Work With NSF?
If you’re looking for the most thorough and actionable food safety audits for your storage and distribution business, look to NSF International.
Storage and distribution is one of NSF’s specialty areas in the food safety supply chain. We are the most experienced audit firm in this sector as well as on the forefront of the global food safety certification initiative (GFSI).
NSF Auditors: Best in Class
The breadth and depth of NSF’s audit team is unparalleled. We select auditors with legitimate food auditing experience and put them through a rigorous training regimen that includes extensive classroom training, shadow audits and close supervisory oversight until auditors are fully trained. To ensure reliable and consistent audit results, we developed a best-in-class auditor calibration program.
NSF has hundreds of auditors in its global network who can provide comprehensive food safety audits to storage and distribution sites across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- 3 weeks ago
GUELPH, Ontario — NSF International, a global public health and safety organization with over 70 years of expertise in water,...
- 2 months ago
GUELPH, Ontario and ANN ARBOR, Mich. – NSF-GFTC, part of NSF International’s Global Food Division, today announced the winners of...
- 4 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and AUCKLAND, New Zealand – NSF International, a global organization with over 70 years experience in food...
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016
- 10:30am - 11:30am Pacific Time
- Webinar, United States
- Thursday, May 5, 2016
- 8:30am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
- North Olmsted, Ohio, United States
- Thursday, May 5, 2016
- 11:00am - 12:00pm Eastern Time
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- 8:30am - 5:00pm Central Time
- Bedford, Texas, United States