U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Enhanced ENERGY STAR Testing
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
To help ensure industry confidence and verify energy claims, the U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR program requires all ENERGY STAR products to be third-party certified. This program provides credibility to ENERGY STAR manufacturing partners while promoting the widely recognized ENERGY STAR mark on food equipment and appliances. As an EPA-recognized laboratory and certifier for the ENERGY STAR program, NSF is your one-stop shop for energy efficiency and sanitation testing. NSF evaluates energy efficiency, validates data and reports the data to enable you to use the respected ENERGY STAR mark on your foodservice equipment or appliances.
What Is ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR is a partnership program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) committed to promoting and enhancing the market with energy-efficient products and services.
What Products Can NSF Certify to ENERGY STAR?
- Appliances – Dishwashers, refrigerators and/or freezers, water coolers
- Refrigerated beverage vending machines
- Pool pumps
- Commercial foodservice equipment – Dishwashers, fryers, griddles, hot food holding cabinets, ice machines, ovens, refrigerators, freezers and steam cookers
For questions on certifying your products to the U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR program, call +1 734.913.5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search for ENERGY STAR labeled products on the ENERGY STAR website.
Benefits of Certification
ENERGY STAR labeled products demonstrate your company’s commitment to energy efficiency and environmental responsibility. NSF customers have a dedicated certification project manager as their single point of contact to help guide them through the entire certification process. Manufacturers seeking ENERGY STAR certification can benefit from the following:
- One-stop shop for energy and sanitation testing that saves time and money
- Review and verification of test data from other EPA-recognized labs for ENERGY STAR certification
- Competitive pricing and turnaround times
- Complete data management, EPA reporting and annual sampling managed by NSF
- Ongoing support related to technical development and regulatory requirements
Why Work With NSF?
For over 70 years, NSF has led the development of standards and certification programs to minimize adverse health effects and protect the environment. NSF International is committed to protecting human health and safety worldwide, operating in more than 120 countries.
NSF International has the qualifications and reputation to help your business meet the needs of the market and get the recognition and acceptance that is critical to your company’s success.
NSF has helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to meet the requirements of multiple markets and product standards. We certify foodservice products to the U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR program using a simple four-step process.
- Your company completes the application and provides required product information to NSF.
- We request your sample(s) for testing.
- We conduct testing of your sample(s) and issue your test report.
- We submit results to the EPA on your behalf for certification and listing on the ENERGY STAR website.
To learn more about the certification process, view the ENERGY STAR process flow diagram. Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services, which can reduce the number of contracted service providers.
- 1 month ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and MASON, Ohio – NSF Sustainability, a division of global public health organization NSF International, has certified...
- 9 months ago
ANN ARBOR and GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — NSF International, a global public health and safety organization, and the NSF Council...
- 10 months ago
Sustainability standards developed by global public health organization NSF International for carpet, wall coverings, resilient flooring, textiles, roofing and stone...