CleanGredients® Ingredient Review
- Why Work With NSF?
- Review Process
CleanGredients® is an online database of cleaning product ingredient chemicals that provides verified information about the environmental and human health attributes of the listed ingredients. CleanGredients is a project of GreenBlue®, an organization focused on making products more sustainable. NSF Sustainability is partnered with the GreenBlue Institute to perform CleanGredients third-party reviews of ingredients.
NSF provides confidential reviews of surfactants, solvents, fragrances, chelating agents and any other cleaning formulation ingredient using the safer ingredient criteria defined by CleanGredients and the U.S. EPA Safer Choice program. The database helps formulators find safer ingredients and allows manufacturers to showcase their ingredients. CleanGredients is a main industry resource for cleaning product formulators.
For more information on the program, download the CleanGredients® Ingredient Review brochure.
For more information about the review process or for a quote on services, call +1 734.476.2543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CleanGredients.org is an online database of institutional and industrial cleaning ingredients that:
- Helps formulators identify ingredients that have potential environmental and/or human health and safety benefits
- Facilitates partnership with the U.S. EPA Safer Choice Formulator Initiative by listing ingredient chemicals that meet the Safer Choice human and environmental health criteria. Companies pay reduced review fees for formulations that include CleanGredients-listed chemicals.
- Provides an opportunity for manufacturers and producers of cleaning ingredients to showcase their ingredients with potential environmental and/or human health and safety benefits
Why Work With NSF?
As the leading third-party reviewer for the CleanGredients® program, NSF Sustainability provides timely, credible and cost-effective reviews for suppliers to verify their ingredients are safer for the environment and public health.
The CleanGredients® listing program includes a five-step process:
- Your company submits an application to NSF. We send you a quote for the review process and a contract.
- To begin the CleanGredients review, your company returns the signed quote and contract to NSF with the deposit.
- We review your ingredient(s) against the applicable ingredient class criteria and provide feedback.
- We forward all supporting information of your ingredient(s) to the Safer Choice program for final approval and listing on CleanGredients.
- Once the reviews are complete, the ingredient, if approved, will be listed on the CleanGredients website and we will notify you of your renewal review.
- 3 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and SOUDERTON, Pa. – Sustainable Waste Solutions (SWS) has earned landfill-free verification from NSF Sustainability, a division...
- 9 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, the division of NSF International that provides sustainability standards development, testing, certification and claims...
- 10 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, a division of global independent public health organization NSF International that provides sustainability standards...