- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
NSF international provides testing and certification of PVC and HDPE electrical conduit pipe, fittings, bends and telecommunications duct to UL and NEMA standards. Our Electrical Conduit Certification Program provides listing and labeling on electrical conduit to ANSI/UL 651 Schedule 40 and 80 Rigid PVC Conduit and Fittings as well as the Canadian counterparts CSA-C22.2 No. 211.1 and No. 211.2.
Acceptance of NSF’s listed and labeled electrical products is widespread and based on our designation as an OSHA Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) for electrical safety and our accreditation by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
Conduit pipe, fittings and bends undergo an extensive evaluation process including product testing, materials testing and formulation review, facility inspection and annual review.
Benefits of Certification
NSF can help your company save time and resources by bundling health effects and electrical conduit testing. We test and certify products to the following standards:
- UL 651 – Schedule 40 and 80 PVC Conduit
- UL651A – Type EB and A Rigid PVC Conduit and HDPE Conduit
- UL 651B – Continuous Length HDPE Conduit
- NEMA TC-2 – Electrical Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Tubing and Conduit
- NEMA TC-6 – Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Plastic Utilities for Underground Installations
- ASTM F512 – Standard Specification for Smooth-Wall Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Conduit and Fittings for Underground Installation
- ASTM F2160 – Standard Specification for Solid Wall High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Conduit Based on Controlled Outside Diameter (OD)
Why Work With NSF?
NSF’s state-of-the-art facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan is listed in the Federal Register as an OSHA Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) for electrical safety and is also accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) to perform certifications to CSA standards.
The NSF mark, well respected by public health officials, electrical inspectors, retailers and consumers, is recognized as a symbol of product quality and integrity. Our responsive personalized service quickly guides your products through the certification process, ensuring that they get to market on time and on budget. We offer bracketing services wherever possible to help keep costs down, and provide the pricing up front so there are no hidden surprises down the road.
NSF International has the qualifications and reputation to help your business meet the needs of the market and get the recognition and acceptance that is critical to your company’s success.
While our product evaluations are thorough, our process is simple and efficient. A dedicated NSF project manager serves as your single point of contact from application to approval for a streamlined, efficient certification process.
- Your company submits an application.
- Your company and suppliers provide formulation, design specifications and product end use information.
- We review formulation and engineering specifications.
- We perform a plant audit and sample collection.
- We conduct laboratory testing.
- We grant certification to compliant products.
- Our follow-up program includes unannounced inspections and annual testing.
Our experts can help you reduce your overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers and facility audits.
- 2 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and AURORA, Ont., Canada – NSF International has acquired the laboratory portion of Jana Laboratories Inc.,...
- 6 months ago
View news release in Arabic ABU DHABI, UAE and ANN ARBOR, Mich. USA - NSF International, a global independent public...
- Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States