Ozone and UV Systems
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
NSF International works with public health officials, manufacturers and facility operators to evaluate products and protect public health. We develop standards for the evaluation and testing of ozone and UV systems for many different water treatment applications, including:
- NSF/ANSI 50
- NSF/ANSI 61
- U.S. EPA UV DGM
- NSF EPA ETV
- NSF/ANSI 55 (<30gpm, for POE/POU)
- NSF/ANSI 46
- NSF EPA ETV
- ISO 9001
- EMS 14001
Benefits of Certification
Certification to NSF/ANSI 50: Equipment for Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Other Recreational Water Facilities is your key to market access and helps ensure compliance with all model pool and spa codes, public health requirements and bid specifications.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers and facility audits.
NSF certification includes:
- Testing up to 5,000 gpm or 7.2 mgd
- Material health
- Chemical resistance
- Physical evaluation
- Operator protection
- Maintenance and cleanability
- Pressure testing
- Head loss
- Life testing
- Disinfection efficacy
- Ozone output
- Cryptosporidium inactivation
Why Work With NSF?
The NSF mark, respected by public health officials, retailers and consumers, is recognized as a symbol of product quality and integrity. Our responsive personalized service quickly guides your products through the certification process, ensuring that your products get to market on time and on budget. We offer bracketing services wherever possible to help keep costs down, and provide the pricing up front so there are no hidden surprises down the road.
As the recreational water industry’s leading testing and certification organization, we have the qualifications and reputation to help your business meet the needs of the market and get the recognition and acceptance that is critical to your company’s success.
We have helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to meet the requirements of multiple markets and product standards. While we distinguish ourselves through product evaluation, we have made the process simple and efficient for you.
Seven Simple Steps to Certification:
- Your company submits an application.
- You provide product formulation, toxicology and product use information.
- Our toxicology department reviews formulations.
- We perform a plant audit and sample collection.
- Our laboratory conducts testing.
- We complete a final toxicology evaluation.
- We grant NSF certification for compliant products and you can use the NSF mark on products, packaging and marketing materials.
- 1 month ago
On February 22, experts from one of NSF International’s offices in Asia held a certification seminar in Bangkok, Thailand. Participants...
- 1 month ago
NSF International held a seminar on February 23 in Frankfurt, Germany. NSF experts presented different issues such as the background...
- 2 months ago
Global public health and safety organization NSF International hosted a plumbing seminar on February 21 in Kaiping Pan Tower International...
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- 8:30am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States