Pool Drains, Suction Fittings and Grates
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
As a renowned leader in water safety, NSF has the in-house capacity, knowledge and expertise to serve your certification needs. The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act requires certification to ANSI/APSP-16 Standard Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs.
To achieve the highest level of product acceptance in the industry, NSF certification of your pool drains, suction fittings and grates to ANSI/APSP 16 and NSF/ANSI Standard 50: Equipment for Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Other Recreational Water Facilities helps ensure product compliance. The NSF mark, respected by public health officials, retailers and consumers, is recognized as a symbol of product quality and integrity.
Benefits of Certification
For manufacturers and public health officials, NSF certification benefits include:
- NSF mark recognition, faster market access and expedited regulatory acceptance
- Third-party product confirmation, reducing potential liability issues
- A dedicated project manager who works to understand your business needs and guides you through the process to maximize your certification
- Listing of your product type, trade name, manufacturer name and location in our online directory of certified pool drains, suction fittings and grates
Our experts can help you reduce your overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers and facility audits.
Protect your brand by certifying your products with NSF, the name public health officials have known and trusted since 1944.
Why Work With NSF?
NSF International helps people Swim Safer™ by promoting a certification process composed of core requirements specific to your local public health department.
We have the qualifications and reputation to help your business meet the needs of the market and get the recognition and acceptance that is critical to your company’s success.
When NSF certifies pool drains, suction fittings and grates to NSF/ANSI 50 and APSP/ANSI 16, we address the following variables to ensure a comprehensive conformity assessment:
- Physical evaluation
- Installation hardware
- UV conditioning
- Strength tensile testing
- Installation orientation
- Load and impact testing
- Curve validation
- Sump design
- Hair/body and finger/limb entrapment
We have helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to meet the requirements of multiple markets and product standards. While we distinguish ourselves through product evaluation, we have made the process simple and efficient for you.
Seven Simple Steps to Certification:
- Your company submits an application.
- You provide product formulation, toxicology and product use information.
- Our toxicology department reviews formulations.
- We perform a plant audit and sample collection.
- Our laboratory conducts testing.
- We complete a final toxicology evaluation.
- We grant NSF certification for compliant products and you can use the NSF mark on products, packaging and marketing materials.
- 1 month ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Global public health organization NSF International has appointed Tina Yerkes, Ph.D., to General Manager of Filtration...
- 7 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and AURORA, Ont., Canada – NSF International has acquired the laboratory portion of Jana Laboratories Inc.,...
- 10 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Last year, more than 200 children ages 1-14 drowned in a swimming pool or spa, and...