The NSF Applied Research Center (ARC) operates in more than 165,000 square feet of ISO/IEC 17025-accredited, state-of-the-art labs, including extensive instrumentation and technologies, in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Its professional staff of engineers, microbiologists, toxicologists, chemists and public health experts provides engineering, chemistry, microbiology and toxicology lab and testing services as well as human health risk assessments.
Whether your company wants to test a product currently under development, to have additional non-standard tests performed on a product that is already certified, or develop and validate a custom test method or protocol, ARC offers research and development testing capabilities to meet your needs. We test products in all major industries, including pharmaceutical products, water treatment devices and chemicals, plumbing components, food safety and medical devices. We also perform trace analytical testing for independent or grant-funded research and development projects.
Independent research is also a focus point of ARC. Innovation in method development and problem solving acumen are core attributes of the ARC staff. These characteristics, combined with the state of the art laboratories and production mindset, make ARC an ideal collaborator for university researchers.
More specifically, ARC offers independent laboratory services and consultation in:
Microbial Control and Antimicrobial Efficacy Claims
- Microbiological risk assessments
- Biofilm – research and development for prevention and detachment claims
- Emerging pathogens – Detection, enumeration and control
- Food processing/retail food – pathogen source tracking, GLP lab assessment, methods training
Trace Analyte Assessment
- Trace analytical testing for research and development projects
- New method development and validation
- Methods training
- GLP services
Human Health Risk Assessments
- GRAS chemicals – risk assessment, literature searches, analytical testing
- Verifying IRIS levels for chemical contaminants, used by EPA
- Checking acceptable/tolerable daily intake levels for direct and indirect food additives, used by FDA, the EU and WHO
- Risk assessments for non-regulated substances detected in water or food
Consulting for GLP, GMP, Lab Design and Method Training
- Good laboratory practice lab assessments (including consultation on laboratory design, sample processing and flow)
- Methods training
- Consulting on laboratory design, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and quality systems
- Test kit validation and commercialization (AOAC, AFNOR, Health Canada, EPA)
- Initial product development
- Single lab validation data package generation
- Data gap analysis consultation
- Independent laboratory status for final method validation
- Publications writing and technical presentation development
For more information about the NSF Applied Research Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 734.585.6848.
- 1 month ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and RICHMOND, Calif. – NSF International, a leading provider of auditing, testing and certification services for the...
- 3 months ago
Ann Arbor, Mich. – NSF International’s Applied Research Center, which provides custom research and testing services, will partner with the...
- 4 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – NSF International, a global public health organization which provides testing and R&D services for food, water,...