e-Stewards® Certification for e-Waste Recycling
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
We can certify your company to the e-Stewards® program, which was established by the environmental non-profit group Basel Action Network (BAN) to ensure responsible recycling of all electronics. e-Stewards recyclers abide by a rigorous set of requirements and do not export hazardous electronic waste to developing countries nor allow such toxic materials to be disposed of in municipal landfills. They also ensure that industry workers are protected from occupational hazards.
The e-Stewards standard is written with an international scope and embraces international waste trade rules, social accountability (SA 8000), occupational health and safety and other BAN performance requirements. The e-Stewards standard fully incorporates the requirements of the environmental management systems standard, ISO 14001, and includes R2 (Responsible Recycling standard) practices.
Get the power of e-Stewards certification from NSF-ISR to distinguish your organization as a leader in the electronic waste recycling industry.
Need more information? Call +1.734.827.5668 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Certification
Federal agencies are now banned from disposing of electronic waste materials in landfills or incinerators. If re-use is not an option, they must now send this waste to third-party e-waste recyclers certified under e-Stewards® or the Responsible Recycling (R2) standard. At least 25 U.S. states also have some form of e-waste recycling legislation.
Certification can position your organization for federal contracts and to meet state regulations. Corporations are following suit and increasingly requiring certification for their e-waste suppliers.
e-Stewards certification distinguishes your company as an industry leader and can position you as a preferred supplier. Let us help you earn certification and mark your organization as a leader in responsible e-waste recycling.
Why Work With NSF?
With the purchase of AQA International in 2011, NSF-ISR added the portfolio of e-waste certifications to the services roster. As one of the first certification bodies accredited to these standards, the experts at NSF-ISR can help your organization maneuver through the certification audit process. We employ trained and qualified e-Stewards®/ISO 14001 auditors to ensure the accuracy of your audit process.
Get the power of certification to help drive operational efficiencies and help your organization position itself as an industry leader. Reap the benefits of certification with NSF-ISR.
The process of becoming certified to e-Stewards® by NSF-ISR involves these steps:
- Application. Your company fills out an application and we issue a quotation and terms and conditions.
- Scheduling. We assign an audit team and create a schedule.
- Stage 1 Readiness Review. We review the manual, documentation, objectives and targets to determine conformance with the standard and readiness to move forward with the process audit.
- Stage 2 Process Audit. Once your documentation meets the requirements stated within the standard, we conduct an onsite review verifying your processes match your written system.
- Nonconformance Closure (if applicable). If you have any nonconformances from the stage 2 audit, you have 90 days to respond and show evidence of correction.
- Certification Committee. After our auditor closes any nonconformances, the certification committee provides a final review of the entire audit package. Once approved, you receive a certificate for a three-year period.
- Surveillance Audits. These audits review a sample of your system (not a full system review) and are required one year from the stage 2 dates and once every year thereafter.
- Recertification Audits. Three months prior to the expiration of your certification, a recertification audit is required to determine continued conformance to the standard. Once completed, the certification decision process starts again.
- 2 weeks ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and SOUDERTON, Pa. – Sustainable Waste Solutions (SWS) has earned landfill-free verification from NSF Sustainability, a division...
- 6 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, the division of NSF International that provides sustainability standards development, testing, certification and claims...
- 10 months ago
View news release in Arabic ABU DHABI, UAE and ANN ARBOR, Mich. USA - NSF International, a global independent public...