Responsible Care® 14001 (RC14001®) and Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®)
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
Responsible Care® 14001 (RC14001®) and Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®) are performance improvement initiatives launched by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) to ensure that the chemical industry makes health, safety, security and the environment top priorities. NSF is an accredited auditor for these initiatives.
RCMS certification verifies that a company has implemented the Responsible Care Management System. RC14001 incorporates RCMS and all the requirements of ISO 14001 environmental certification into a single, more cost-effective process.
Companies implementing RC14001 and/or RCMS demonstrate commitment to employee health and safety, communities and the environment. For ACC members, RCMS certification is mandatory.
For more information on Responsible Care and certification through NSF-ISR, call toll free (U.S. only) 888.673.9000, ext. 6881 or worldwide +1 734.827.6881 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Certification
Certifying to Responsible Care 14001 (RC14001®) or Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®) allows you to:
- Gain credit for existing Responsible Care activities that go beyond the scope of an environmental management system such as occupational health and safety, product stewardship, security, community outreach and transportation safety activities
- Manage chemicals responsibly
- Increase access to new customers and business partners
- Meet American Chemistry Council (ACC) requirements for member companies
- Attain efficiencies and cost savings from an integrated management system
Why Work With NSF?
NSF-ISR is experienced in certifying chemical companies to Responsible Care® 14001 (RC14001®) and Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®) and was one of the first registrars to be accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB). In addition, we offer:
- Unparalleled technical expertise in safety, quality and environmental standards
- A full range of solutions including baseline audits, document conformance review and integrated audits
- Customized programs designed to meet your needs – from single sites to multi-site and multi-standard organizations
NSF-ISR's parent company NSF International has been committed to public health, safety and protection of the environment for nearly 70 years. We build on this heritage in NSF-ISR by providing systems management certifications to fit all your industry needs.
The Responsible Care® 14001 (RC14001®) and Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®) certification process involves these steps:
- Application and Contract
Your company submits an application and signs a contract (master agreement).
- Audit Team Assignment
NSF-ISR assigns an auditor team.
- Document Review
We perform a document review (when required) for the management system (MS) and issue a report of conformance or nonconformance.
- On-Site Readiness Review (ORR-Stage 1 Audit)
As the first stage in the certification process, NSF-ISR verifies readiness of the MS to continue with the certification process.
- Certification Audit (Stage 2)
Our audit team conducts an on-site audit to verify conformity to the specified standard.
- Independent Review
A certification board reviewer recommends the final certification/recertification decision.
- Notification of Certification
NSF-ISR notifies your organization in writing, issues the certificate and publishes the certification in our online listings.
- Surveillance Audits
NSF-ISR performs semiannual or annual audits to verify the MS is being maintained (optional for RCMS).
NSF-ISR performs reassessment audits in accordance with requirements. Responsible care certification must be renewed every three years.
- 4 weeks ago
NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) received official accreditation from ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) to the RC14001®:2015 Technical Specification on...
- 4 months ago
NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) received official accreditation from ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) to ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems...
- 5 months ago
NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) has received accreditation from the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) for ISO 9001:2015, Quality management...
- Thursday, August 25, 2016
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm Eastern Time
- Webinar, United States