New Board Appointment to CIEH Ltd
London, UK — David Edwards, executive director at global public health and safety organisation NSF International and acclaimed consumer safety specialist, has been appointed to the board of the trading arm of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health – CIEH Ltd, a global provider of accredited qualifications in health and safety, food safety, environmental protection, fire safety and first aid.
With more than 25 years of successful commercial experience in the food safety industry, David Edwards was a founding director of CMi plc prior to its acquisition by NSF International in 2008. With a background in environmental health and a successful career in government service, David has primarily focused on retail and consultancy business lines, providing strategic support to the UK government and leading European retailers and restaurant chains, and has developed consulting models that are used worldwide. David also is director of the NSF Consulting Group, which focuses on the major issues and risks emerging in the global food supply chain, utilizing the foremost experts in food fraud, functional foods and behavioural food safety.
Commenting on the appointment, Graham Jukes, CIEH Chief Executive, said:
“We are absolutely delighted that David has agreed to join the CIEH Ltd Board. With a career spanning 30 years, David will bring to the position unparalleled experience having worked in environmental and public health protection in both the public and private sectors in the UK and overseas.
“David’s breadth and wealth of experience will provide the CIEH’s executive management team with strong strategic and practical support. His vast international knowledge will help us expand our brand globally and increase market share in our home market.”
Operating in 50 countries, CIEH’s clients range from small businesses to multi-national enterprises such as the InterContinental Hotels Group and Walmart as well as governmental bodies in the Middle East, U.S. and China and international agencies such as the United Nations. CIEH delivers more than half a million vocational qualifications every year across the world.
As a world-renowned public health and consumer safety specialist, David has presented papers at many international conferences, is a regular contributor to TV and radio and has co-authored BBC Foodcheck, which has sold over 40,000 copies.
David Edwards said:
“I am looking forward to working with my colleagues at the CIEH. The CIEH is a high integrity and trusted brand underpinned by a very professional organisation. It benefits from an experienced management team, has a terrific knowledge pool of over 10,000 members and is operating in areas where its expertise is in much demand. It has a great commercial future that I look forward to contributing to.”
About NSF International: NSF International is a global independent organization that writes standards, and tests and certifies products for the food, water and consumer goods industries to minimize adverse health effects and protect the environment (nsf.org). Founded in 1944, NSF is committed to protecting human health and safety worldwide. NSF International has been collaborating with the World Health Organization since 1997 in water quality and safety, food safety and indoor environments.
The NSF Global Food Division provides expertise and accredited services across all supply chain sectors, from agriculture, produce, processing, distribution and dairy, to seafood, retail and restaurants. Services include Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification (SQF, BRC, GLOBALG.A.P., FSSC, IFS, Aquaculture Certification Council (ACC)), Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certification, expert auditing, consulting and technical services, HACCP validation and inspection, and organic and gluten-free certification through QAI (Quality Assurance International). NSF is also the leading certifier of foodservice equipment, nonfood compounds and bottled water/beverages.
Additional NSF International services include sustainability solutions; management systems registrations (e.g. ISO 9001, 22000, 14001); dietary supplement and nutritional ingredient certification; training, testing and consulting for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries; consumer product testing; and drinking water certification and safety audits.
About the CIEH:
- The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) is a leading provider of accredited qualifications in health and safety, food safety, environmental protection, fire safety and first aid and operates in 50 countries. Over 10 million people around the world from the UK to the USA and the Middle East hold a CIEH qualification.
- The CIEH’s clients range from small businesses to multi-national enterprises like the InterContinental Hotel Group. It works with governmental bodies in Hong Kong and Chongqing, China as well as international agencies like the United Nations.
- The CIEH’s 60 qualification training programmes are delivered through a network of over 10,000 registered trainers. The training is developed for the varied skill levels within organisations. It caters to different learning styles and preferences through a series of flexible structures. CIEH qualifications are OFQUAL (formerly QCA) accredited and are valued and recognised throughout the world.
- The CIEH is the professional voice for environmental health representing over 10,000 members working in the public, private and non-profit sectors. It ensures the highest standards of professional competence in its members, in the belief that through environmental health action people's health can be improved.
- For more information about the CIEH, visit www.cieh.org.
For CIEH media inquiries, contact Andrew Hamadanian at 020 7827 5922 or 07944 262 100.
For NSF media inquiries, contact Greta Houlahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-913-5723.