- Why Work With NSF?
Emerging U.S. legislation, increasingly selective consumers, new retailer prohibited chemical lists and manufacturing-related issues are driving rapid changes to the $300 billion global cosmetics and toiletries market.
NSF International has developed a credible suite of services that manufacturers, retailers and consumers can trust to ensure the safety and quality of cosmetics, deodorants, body powders, lotions, sunscreens, perfumes, cleansing shampoos and other personal care items.
At the program’s core is a third-party audit by NSF to ISO 22716 -- Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or a standard GMP audit. Other services include training, consulting and regulatory support.
Learn more by contacting NSF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NSF Cosmetics Program provides ISO 22716 and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits, helping to verify that sufficient quality management systems are in place to assure regulatory compliance and product safety, and to identify potential supply chain risks. The facility audit evaluates compliance to the requirements set forth in ISO 22716 and based on expectations in the U.S. FDA’s Guidance for Industry: Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices.
Cosmetic GMP audits include verification of wide-ranging manufacturing activities, including:
- Manufacturing procedures
- Production and process controls
- Personnel qualifications and responsibilities
- Personnel training
- Premises design, construction and maintenance
- Cleaning procedures and equipment maintenance
- Receipt and release of raw and packaging materials
- Packaging and labeling procedures
- Finished product release
- Holding and distribution
- Change control
- Laboratory operations
- Out-of-specification (OOS) investigations
- Documentation and recordkeeping
- Subcontracting operations
- Complaints and recalls
Following the on-site GMP audit, NSF provides a detailed report of the facility’s compliance against ISO 22716 requirements, including a nonconformance summary which identifies areas of non-compliance and/or vulnerability, both in your facility and your supply chain. NSF then reviews and verifies corrective actions to ensure the non-conformances have been adequately resolved.
An independent third-party audit by NSF International benefits your company in many ways, helping you:
- Meet current expectations to stay ahead of your competition
- Meet EU regulatory requirements for ISO 22716 compliance
- Protect your brand and reputation
- Reduce risk of U.S. FDA regulatory action
- Reduce number and frequency of audits
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Avoid potential recalls
- Reduce risk to customers
- Improve product quality
- Demonstrate commitment to quality
- Increase oversight and control of supply chain
Why Work With NSF?
With nearly 70 years of experience protecting public health, NSF International provides high caliber services to the cosmetics, pharmaceutical, medical device, food and dietary supplements industries in the areas of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) compliance and quality management. As a global organization trusted by regulators, retailers and consumers, NSF is your tested and trusted partner to help grow your business.
- 2 years ago
Selling your cosmetics and personal care products to the EU? You may want to read this. Companies that are selling...
- 2 years ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Global public health organization NSF International and leaders from major retailers and manufacturers created the Global...
- 2 years ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors Association (ICMAD) has partnered with NSF International to provide ICMAD...
- Thursday, September 8, 2016
- 9:00am - 4:30pm Eastern Time
- New York, New York, United States