NSF Product and Ingredient Certification
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Supplements Testing Process
NSF developed and maintains NSF/ANSI 173, the only accredited national standard for testing and certifying dietary supplements.
With knowledgeable staff and testing laboratories in the U.S., Europe and China, we have the expertise to evaluate the composition of dietary supplements and ingredients, including:
- Amino acids
- Sports supplements
- Concentrates, metabolites, constituents and extracts
We recognize that each sample is unique and apply customized laboratory solutions and relevant, scientifically valid test methods. We assess methods and performance against quality control criteria including an evaluation of recovery from the sample. If a method does not meet the quality control criteria, we optimize it for the particular sample type.
We can also evaluate labels or material specifications to select the tests to perform, assuring that your products and ingredients meet the necessary safety and quality requirements.
Our extensive array of instrumentation and technologies, along with a professional staff of chemists, microbiologists and toxicologists, can solve even the most complex supplement testing issues. Our testing labs feature:
- Microwave digestion
- Triple Quad LC-MS
- Triple Quad GC-MS
- Extensive environmental control
The NSF Shanghai Testing Laboratory complements our certification services in China while providing a means to source safer products, raw materials and ingredients from Asia through independent, third-party testing and certification.
For more information about NSF Dietary Supplements testing, email email@example.com or call +1 734.827.6856.
Benefits of Certification
In certifying a dietary supplement or raw ingredient with NSF, you are:
- Verifying the identity and quantity of dietary ingredients declared on your product label
- Ensuring your product does not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants
- Demonstrating conformance to currently recommended industry GMPs for dietary supplements
Unlike other supplement certification programs, we conduct annual audits and periodically retest each dietary supplement product to ensure continued compliance against the toughest testing standard in existence today.
Why Work With NSF?
NSF is the only accredited certifier of dietary supplements, functional foods and dietary supplement raw ingredients. By choosing NSF to become your certifier you:
- Ensure ingredients are processed to FDA’s 21 CFR part 111
- Reduce costs by decreasing the number of customer audits conducted at your facility, which frees up the time of your quality staff and increases productivity
- Prequalify your company to new business
- Build customer confidence by demonstrating the quality of your ingredients through thorough testing
- Gain assurance that your certified ingredients do not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants such as heavy metals, microbiological contaminants, pesticides, herbicides and mycotoxins
- Demonstrate your dedication to quality and differentiate your company from the competition
Supplements Testing Process
- NSF dietary supplements certification process
- Ingredient suppliers information
- Manufacturing facilities information
- Toxicology review
- Label and formulation review and comparison
- Ingredient review
- Determination of product testing
- Facility inspection
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audits of production facilities and review that no banned substances are stored or manufactured at the facility
- Observations of in-house laboratories
- Sourcing and traceability procedures
- Schedule of ingredient supplier audits based on number of suppliers
- Annual laboratory testing/analysis
- Heavy metals
- Label content verification
- Product certification/listing
- Monitoring of control formulation/ingredient supplier changes
- Marketplace sampling
- 4 weeks ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and York, UK – NSF International, a global public health and safety organization, today announced the...
- 6 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – More than a hundred athletes have failed doping retests for various reasons, and are potentially at...
- 7 months ago
On July 27, 2016, Peter Gough, Executive Director of NSF Health Sciences Pharma Biotech, was awarded an honorary Doctor of...
- Thursday, February 23, 2017
- 8:30am - 5:00pm Mountain Time
- Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Monday, March 6, 2017
- 8:30am - 5:00pm Pacific Time
- Anaheim , California, United States
- Thursday, March 23, 2017
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm Eastern Time
- Ready Talk Webinar , United States
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- 8:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time
- Orlando, Florida, United States