Additional Food Equipment Services
- Why Work With NSF?
NSF has a reputation for providing trusted testing and certification of food equipment products and materials. Over the years, we expanded and customized these services to suit the industry’s needs. Our services include field evaluations, pre-evaluation, consulting and training.
If you need specialized assistance with your food equipment products, contact NSF at 877.893.1325 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how we can help.
While we may be best known for sanitation testing and certification of foodservice equipment, we offer a range of other services to help design, assess or validate your product:
- Field Evaluation – When using a certified product isn’t an option but you still need an assessment of a foodservice equipment product, consider an NSF field evaluation. This is a physical evaluation only, typically performed on large non-certified products onsite in restaurants. We issue a report within two weeks of our evaluation, which you can submit to a regulatory official who determines if the product meets requirements. This service provides added confidence in the product’s safety but does not allow use of the NSF mark.
- Pre-Evaluation – Certification can be a daunting undertaking, and foodservice manufacturers new to the process are often unsure whether their product meets the design requirements of NSF’s foodservice equipment standards. Our pre-evaluations assess products before certification to identify any non-conformances. We then let the manufacturer decide whether to move forward with certification or consider product changes.
- Consulting – From guidance on foodservice equipment product design or material selection to challenges with your product manufacturing process, our industry savvy consultants provide custom solutions to help get your products to market.
- Training – NSF provides classroom and on-site training on NSF food equipment standards and certification. See NSF Training & Education for more information.
Why Work With NSF?
With nearly 70 years of experience in foodservice equipment, developing dozens of standards and certifying thousands of food equipment products, NSF’s technical expertise is unparalleled.
If you have a new or innovative product, material or design, we can provide guidance and help you work through any potential challenges. Our expert staff can answer questions about regulatory acceptance or international requirements for restaurant equipment. Our knowledge and experience helps you get your product to market more quickly.
Related to Additional Food Equipment Services
- 2 weeks ago
Portugues | Español ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil - NSF International, an independent global public health and...
- 1 month ago
GUELPH, Ontario and ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Food industry professionals can gain strategic information and insight into emerging issues and...
- 2 months ago
Download the infographic ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF International, a global independent public health organization that writes standards, and tests...
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014
- 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Bergamo, BG, Italy
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Bergamo, BG, Italy
How can I verify that a product is NSF certified?
NSF certified product listings are free to access on our public listings website. Listings are updated daily.
Once my product is certified, can I use the NSF mark in reference to that product on my marketing materials and brochure?
Absolutely! While marking is typically required to be placed on the product itself, you may use the NSF mark in your product marketing including brochures, websites, trade show promotions and sell sheets.
Why should I choose NSF to certify my foodservice equipment products?
Only NSF offers the full package – assured acceptance, dedicated customer service with a single point of contact and technical expertise from an organization with nearly 70 years of experience working in foodservice equipment.
Does my product have to be NSF certified?
NSF does not regulate or require that your product be certified. However, U.S. health departments, end users and buyers often specify NSF certification to ensure that products have been evaluated and tested, and comply with public health standards.
What is NSF food equipment certification?
NSF certification is an ANSI-accredited product-level certification that addresses the acceptable sanitation requirements for equipment and materials intended for commercial foodservice.