NSF/ANSI 332: Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
- Certification Process
NSF/ANSI 332: Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings is the foremost standard by which to evaluate and certify sustainability of resilient flooring products across their entire product life cycle. NSF/ANSI 332 was developed by the NSF National Center for Sustainability Standards (NCSS) through a consensus-based public process with a multi-stakeholder group of manufacturers, suppliers, regulatory agencies, academicians and other industry participants. The standard communicates thorough information that is verifiable, science-based and credible about environmental and social aspects associated with the production and use of resilient floor coverings.
Based on a life cycle assessment approach, NSF/ANSI 332 employs a point system to evaluate resilient flooring against established prerequisite requirements, performance criteria and quantifiable metrics in six key areas:
- Product design
- Product manufacturing
- Long-term value
- End-of-life management
- Corporate governance
Total points determine certification at a Conformant, Silver, Gold or Platinum level.
For more information about the standard, download the NSF/ANSI 332 resilient floor covering brochure. For information on certification to NSF/ANSI 332 or to request a quote, call +1 734.476.2543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Certification
NSF can help flooring manufacturers demonstrate that their commercial flooring materials are environmentally friendly through certification. From vinyl to linoleum, or rubber, the process of certification allows manufacturers to be key players in addressing the sustainability concerns in the marketplace.
NSF/ANSI 332 certification allows you to:
- Distinguish your "green" products from your competitors, making you a preferred vendor to those seeking sustainable solutions
- Meet state and federal procurement guidelines
- Achieve the most credible type of certification available in the marketplace
- Save money by adopting more sustainable operational practices and business approaches
- Use the NSF Sustainability Certified mark on your products and in your advertising
Download the NSF/ANSI 332 resilient floor covering brochure.
Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
With nearly 70 years of laboratory testing, product reviews, validation and technical excellence, NSF is a preferred third-party certification body for businesses and organizations. We know the requirements and intent behind each criterion. We guide you through the certification process to achieve cost-effective, reliable and consistently high quality results.
We are also a leading worldwide third-party registrar for ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, and we provide greenhouse gas verification and forestry certification services. With our large network of international auditors, we can conduct audits in over 100 countries and provide you with global market access for your products and services.
NSF has helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to meet the requirements of multiple product standards. We certify products to sustainable standards using a simple six-step process.
- Your company completes the application process and submits signed documents to NSF.
- With our guidance, your company submits documentation for an off-site document review.
- We conduct an off-site documentation review and provide feedback and data analysis prior to the on-site audit.
- We conduct an on-site audit of the manufacturing facility(s).
- Once all follow up is complete, we grant certification and list your certified products on the NSF website.
- We schedule annual surveillance audits and notify you of recertification.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services, which can reduce the number of contracted service providers and required facility audits.
- 4 weeks ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, a division of global independent public health organization NSF International that provides sustainability standards...
- 2 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, a division of global public health organization NSF International, has been accepted by the American...
- 3 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and TAICANG, Jiangsu Province, China – NSF Sustainability, a division of global public health organization NSF...