NSF/ANSI 336: Sustainability Assessment for Commercial Furnishings Fabric
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
- Certification Process
NSF/ANSI 336: Sustainability Assessment for Commercial Furnishings Fabric is the principal standard used to evaluate and certify sustainability of commercial furnishing fabrics over their entire product life cycle. NSF/ANSI 336 was developed by the NSF National Center for Sustainability Standards (NCSS) through a consensus-based public process with a multi-stakeholder group of manufacturers, suppliers, regulatory agencies, academicians and other industry participants. This standard addresses the environmental, economic and social aspects of furnishing fabric products.
Based on life-cycle assessment principles, NSF/ANSI 336 employs a point system to evaluate furnishing fabric against established prerequisite requirements, performance criteria and quantifiable metrics in eight key areas:
- Fiber sourcing
- Safety of materials
- Water conservation
- Water quality
- Air quality
- Recycling practices in manufacturing and end of use
- Social accountability
Total points determine certification at a Conformant, Silver, Gold or Platinum level.
To learn more about the standard, download the NSF/ANSI 336 commercial furnishing fabric brochure. For information on certification to NSF/ANSI 336 or to request a quote, call +1 734.476.2543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To purchase a copy of the NSF/ANSI 336 standard, visit the NSF Bookstore. For information about the NSF/ANSI 336 standard, call +1 734.913.5774 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Certification
NSF/ANSI 336 certification allows you to:
- Distinguish your "green" products from your competitors’, making you a preferred vendor to those seeking sustainable solutions
- Meet state and federal procurement guidelines
- Achieve the most credible type of certification available in the marketplace
- Save money by adopting more sustainable operational practices and business approaches
- Use the NSF Sustainability Certified mark on your products and in your advertising
Download the NSF/ANSI 336 commercial furnishing fabric brochure.
Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
With nearly 70 years of laboratory testing, product reviews, validation and technical excellence, NSF is a preferred third-party certification body for businesses and organizations. We know the requirements and intent behind each criterion. We guide you through the certification process to achieve cost-effective, reliable and consistently high quality results.
We are also a leading worldwide third-party registrar for ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, and we provide greenhouse gas verification and forestry certification services. With our large network of international auditors, we can conduct audits in over 100 countries and provide you with global market access for your products and services.
NSF has helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to meet the requirements of multiple markets and product standards. We certify products to sustainable standards using a simple six-step process.
- Your company completes the application process and submits signed documents to NSF.
- With our guidance, your company submits documentation for an off-site document review.
- We conduct an off-site documentation review and provide feedback and data analysis prior to the on-site audit.
- We conduct an on-site audit of the manufacturing facility(s).
- Once all follow-up is complete, we grant certification and list your certified products on the NSF website.
- We schedule annual surveillance audits and notify you of recertification.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services, which can reduce the number of contracted service providers and required facility audits.
- 4 weeks ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, the division of NSF International that provides sustainability standards development, testing, certification and claims...
- 1 month ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and OTTAWA, Ont., Canada — The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) has accredited NSF International to...
- 2 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, a division of global independent public health organization NSF International that provides sustainability standards...