Green Squared® Certification for Tiles and Installation Materials
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
- Certification Process
Green Squared® is a product certification program developed by the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) based on ANSI A138.1-2011, Green Squared American National Standard Specifications for Sustainable Ceramic Tiles, Glass Tiles, and Tile Installation Materials.
NSF offers Green Squared certification for manufacturers of tile and installation materials, further expanding the NSF certification programs for building and furnishing products. Conformance to Green Squared is met through achieving mandatory requirements and a specified number of elective criteria in these categories:
- Environmental product characteristics
- Environmental product manufacturing and raw material extraction
- End of product life management
- Progressive corporate governance
To purchase a copy of Green Squared ANSI A138.1, visit the TCNA website.
To learn more about Green Squared certification or to request a quote, call +1 734.476.2543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Certification
Green Squared® certification allows you to:
- Distinguish your "green" products from your competitors’, making you a preferred vendor to those seeking sustainable solutions.
- Obtain preferred vendor status from those seeking sustainable solutions.
- Meet state and federal procurement guidelines.
- Achieve the most credible type of certification available in the marketplace.
- Save money by adopting more sustainable operational practices and business approaches.
- Download the Q&A about Green Squared for more details on the certification program.
Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
With nearly 70 years of laboratory testing, product reviews, validation and technical excellence, NSF is a preferred third-party certification body for businesses and organizations. We know the requirements and intent behind all Green Squared® criteria and can guide you through the certification process to achieve cost-effective, reliable and consistently high quality results.
We are also a leading worldwide third-party registrar for ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001, and we provide social accountability audits and greenhouse gas verification services. With our large network of international auditors, we can conduct audits in over 100 countries and provide you with global market access for your products and services.
NSF has helped thousands of manufacturers obtain both local and international market access by evaluating products to the requirements of multiple product standards. We certify products to sustainable standards using a simple six-step process.
- Your company completes the application process and submits signed documents to NSF.
- With our guidance, your company submits documentation for an off-site document review.
- We conduct an off-site documentation review and provide feedback and data analysis prior to the on-site audit.
- We conduct an on-site audit of the manufacturing facility or facilities.
- Once all follow up is complete, we grant certification and list your certified products on the NSF website.
- We schedule annual surveillance audits and notify you of recertification.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services, which can reduce the number of contracted service providers and required facility audits.
Related to Green Squared® Certification for Tiles and Installation Materials
- 3 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and SOUDERTON, Pa. – NSF Sustainability, a division of the global public health organization NSF International, has...
- 4 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The Natural Stone Council (NSC), an organization that promotes the use of natural stone in commercial,...
- 4 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — NSF Sustainability, a division of the global public health organization NSF International, has certified nearly 900...