NSF/ANSI 347: Sustainability Assessment for Single Ply Roofing Membranes
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
- Certification Process
NSF/ANSI 347: Sustainability Assessment for Single Ply Roofing Membranes was developed by the NSF National Center for Sustainability Standards (NCSS) through a consensus-based public process with a multi-stakeholder group of participants. This standard communicates accurate and verifiable information about the environmental and social impacts associated with the production and use of single ply roofing membranes.
Based on life-cycle assessment principles, NSF/ANSI 347 employs an easy-to-use point system to evaluate roofing membrane products against established prerequisite requirements, performance criteria and quantifiable metrics in five key areas:
- Product design
- Product manufacturing
- Membrane durability
- Corporate governance
To learn more about the standard, download the NSF/ANSI 347 brochure. For more information on certification to NSF/ANSI 347 or to request a quote, call +1 734.476.2543 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Certification
NSF/ANSI 347 certification allows you to:
- Distinguish your "green" products from your competitors’, making you a preferred vendor to those seeking sustainable solutions
- Meet state and federal procurement guidelines for more sustainable products
- Achieve the most credible type of certification available in the marketplace
- Save money by adopting more sustainable operational practices and business approaches
ertification is based on point totals to achieve a Conformant, Silver, Gold or Platinum level. Manufacturers certified by NSF are authorized to use the NSF Sustainability Certified mark on their products and in their advertising.
To learn more about the standard, download the NSF/ANSI 347 brochure.
Why Work With NSF Sustainability?
With nearly 70 years of laboratory testing, product reviews, validation and technical excellence, NSF is a preferred third-party certification body for businesses and organizations. We know the requirements and intent behind all the NSF/ANSI 347 criteria and can guide you through the certification process to achieve cost-effective, reliable and consistently high quality results.
We are also a leading worldwide third-party registrar for ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001, and we provide social accountability audits and greenhouse gas verification services. With our large network of international auditors, we can conduct audits in over 100 countries and provide you with global market access for your products and services.
The NSF/ANSI 347 certification process begins with an evaluation of your company’s environmental and social data and proceeds to on-site audits at your manufacturing facilities.
NSF's certification process:
- Your company completes the application process and submits signed documents to NSF.
- With our guidance, your company submits documentation for an off-site document review.
- We conduct an off-site documentation review and provide feedback and data analysis prior to the on-site audit.
- We conduct an on-site audit of the manufacturing facility(s).
- Once all follow up is complete, we grant certification and list your certified products on the NSF website.
- We schedule annual surveillance audits and notify you of recertification.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services, which can reduce the number of contracted service providers and required facility audits.
- 2 months ago
- 2 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and SOUDERTON, Pa. – Sustainable Waste Solutions (SWS) has earned landfill-free verification from NSF Sustainability, a division...
- 2 months ago
SAGINAW, Mich. and ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Commercial roofing system company Duro-Last has published an environmental product declaration (EPD) for...