Public Drinking Water Equipment Performance
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
The NSF Guideline for Public Drinking Water Equipment Performance (PDWEP) establishes performance requirements in the treatment and production of drinking water, and includes requirements such as the U.S. EPA’s Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2ESWTR).
Certification to the Drinking Water Equipment Performance Program demonstrates compliance to federal testing requirements but also adds a unique audit component, to prove that products are manufactured using recommended methods and processes.
This NSF program applies to equipment used in the treatment or production of drinking water in EPA-defined public water supplies, such as:
- Microfiltration membranes
- Ultrafiltration membranes
- Nanofiltration and reverse osmosis membranes
- Ultraviolet (UV) reactors
- Bag and cartridge filters
- Other products used in the treatment or production of drinking water
Benefits of Certification
Certification of performance of public drinking water equipment demonstrates your commitment to quality and willingness to go above and beyond minimum requirements. Market leaders strive to attain NSF certification as a mark of distinction that provides their customers with assurance that their product is safe for use in drinking water.
Certification also allows you to:
- List your product in our online directory of certified public drinking water equipment that is used as a resource for thousands of utility personnel and specifying
- Use the NSF certification mark on your products and in your promotional materials
Why Work With NSF?
The NSF mark, well respected by public health officials and drinking water utilities, is recognized as a symbol of product quality and integrity. Our responsive, personalized service quickly guides your products through the certification process, ensuring that they get to market on time and on budget. We offer product bracketing services wherever possible to help keep costs down, and provide pricing up front so there are no hidden surprises down the road.
NSF is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and NSF listings satisfy the requirements of the Canadian National Plumbing Code, U.S. Model Codes and the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC).
We distinguish ourselves due to our thorough product evaluation, but our certification process is simple and efficient. We assign you a dedicated NSF project manager as a single point of contact to guide you through the certification process and oversee your certification project every step of the way.
Six Simple Steps to Certification:
- Your company submits an application.
- We develop a custom test plan unique to your product’s design within the scope and requirements of standard protocols.
- We conduct validation testing to demonstrate compliance with standard protocols.
- A confidential NSF certification test report is provided.
- We perform a facility audit to ensure products and processes meet established quality control requirements.
- We grant certification and the certified product is listed in the our online database.
Our experts can help you reduce overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers and facility audits.
- 2 months ago
Português | Español ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Global public health organization NSF International has hired two renown building water health...
- 4 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and ATLANTA, Ga. – Global public health organization NSF International and ASHRAE have signed a memorandum of...
- 6 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and BEIJING, China – Global public health organization NSF International and the Direct Drinking Water Times, one...