NSF/ANSI 360: Field Performance Verification
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
NSF/ANSI Standard 360 establishes consistent site selection, sampling, laboratory analysis and data evaluation methods for obtaining field performance results for onsite wastewater treatment systems. The standard evaluates system selection, screening, minimum number of locations, sample frequency and duration, and defines quality requirements.
NSF/ANSI 360 applies only to wastewater treatment systems with rated capacities between 400 and 1,500 gallons per day, which have already been certified to NSF/ANSI 40 (CBOD5 and TSS reduction) or NSF/ANSI 245 (nitrogen reduction).
For more information on NSF/ANSI 360, call +1 734.827.5668 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Certification
Certification to NSF/ANSI 360 provides assurance that your onsite systems are accurately and consistently evaluated when seeking field performance data.
Certification also allows your company to:
- Distinguish your product in the marketplace by demonstrating its performance through independent evaluation
- List your product and company in our online directory of certified treatment systems
- Expand the use of the NSF certification mark on your systems and in your promotional materials for recognition of your field evaluation assessment
Why Work With NSF?
NSF International has over 40 years of experience in the industry. We create standards and protocols, test and certify products and provide inspector accreditation. Our services deliver confidence to consumers, assurance of performance to public health officials and market access for product manufacturers in the onsite wastewater treatment industry.
NSF/ANSI 360 for field performance assessment, combined with NSF/ANSI 40 and 245 for system performance testing under controlled, high frequency sampling and high volume capacity and stress event conditions, provide a comprehensive review of the treatment performance of residential onsite wastewater treatment systems.
Products that comply with the requirements of the standard may use the NSF mark, one of the most recognized and trusted certification marks in the wastewater industry.
- Your company submits an application.
- NSF reviews general information, drawings and design specifications of the treatment system.
- NSF installs the unit at a test facility and performs thorough testing.
- NSF issues a final test report.
- NSF reviews product literature, data plates, service labels and related documentation.
- NSF performs an initial audit of the manufacturing facility.
- Upon gaining certification, your company may use the NSF mark on your product, packaging and promotional materials.
- NSF performs annual audits of the manufacturing facility and in some cases authorized representatives.
- NSF reevaluates and potentially retests products at least once every seven years.
- NSF reviews and approves any product modifications.
- 6 months ago
Português | Español ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Global public health organization NSF International has hired two renown building water health...
- 8 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and ATLANTA, Ga. – Global public health organization NSF International and ASHRAE have signed a memorandum of...
- 10 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. and BEIJING, China – Global public health organization NSF International and the Direct Drinking Water Times, one...