NSF/ANSI 41: Non-Liquid Systems
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
NSF/ANSI Standard 41 certifies composting toilets and similar treatment systems that do not use a liquid saturated media as a primary means of storing or treating human excreta or human excreta mixed with other organic household materials.
The standard requires a minimum of six months of performance testing, which includes design loading and stress testing appropriate to the product class: residential, cottage or day-use park. We evaluate a minimum of one system in a controlled laboratory setting, and a minimum of three systems in a mature field setting.
For more information on NSF/ANSI 41, call +1 734.769.5575 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Certification
NSF/ANSI 41 is a well recognized and often required standard within the industry. Certification to NSF/ANSI 41 provides access to this wastewater market.
Certification also allows your company to:
- Distinguish your product in the marketplace by demonstrating its performance through independent evaluation
- List your product and company in our online directory of certified treatment systems
- Use the NSF certification mark on your systems and in your promotional materials
Why Work With NSF?
NSF International is one of the most recognized and trusted names in onsite wastewater systems certification with over 40 years of experience in the industry. We create standards and protocols, test and certify products and provide inspector accreditation. Our services deliver confidence to consumers, assurance of performance to public health officials and market access for product manufacturers in the onsite wastewater treatment industry.
Products that comply with the requirements of the standard may use the NSF mark, one of the best known and trusted certification marks in the wastewater industry.
- Your company submits an application.
- NSF reviews general information, drawings and design specifications of the treatment system.
- NSF installs the unit at a test facility and performs thorough testing.
- NSF issues a final test report.
- NSF reviews product literature, data plates, service labels and related documentation.
- NSF performs an initial audit of the manufacturing facility.
- Upon gaining certification, your company may use the NSF mark on your product, packaging and promotional materials.
- NSF performs annual audits of the manufacturing facility and in some cases authorized representatives.
- NSF reevaluates and potentially retests products at least once every seven years.
- NSF reviews and approves any product modifications.
- 3 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and OTTAWA, Ont., Canada — The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) has accredited NSF International to...
- 4 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich., USA and AURORA, Ont., Canada – NSF International has acquired the laboratory portion of Jana Laboratories Inc.,...
- 7 months ago
View news release in Arabic ABU DHABI, UAE and ANN ARBOR, Mich. USA - NSF International, a global independent public...