HealthGuard Training Manual
HealthGuard Professional Food Manager Certification
English Version 5.0
This course represents an improved approach to manager food safety training. If you would like to place an order, please submit a HealthGuard order form.
- The lowest price among comparable national course books.
- Lessons that support all nationally recognized food manager certification exams, including Prometric, LLC, ServSafe, and the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals.
- Full color throughout the book.
- Chapter activities for each lesson. The fun and challenging activities include quizzes, word puzzles, and case study discussions that are taken from real health department experiences.
- Definitions for key terms in the margin on the pages where they are first introduced, plus a full glossary of all key terms.
- Valuable appendices on how food managers should train their employees and on what to do in the case of a foodborne illness outbreak.
- An exhaustive reference list of food safety-related websites and publications.
This book reflects the 2009 Food Code. The major changes of interest are:
- New definitions for cut leafy greens and mechanically tenderized/injected meat(s)
- Allergen awareness and training standards for employees
- Criticality changes – including definitions
- Non-continuous cooking procedures
- Cut tomato temperature requirements prior to TPHC (time as a public health control)
- New guidelines for non-heated forced air hand dryers
- Sanitizer committee recommendations
- Post sanitizing rinsing guidelines on dish machines