HACCP Compliance Verification for the European and Indian Markets
Verify your compliance to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles when selling commercial food equipment in Europe or India. Take advantage of HCV, a voluntary registration programme developed by NSF.
For equipment manufacturers, the HCV mark inspires confidence that you’re reducing food safety risks and reinforces your brand. Specifiers of food equipment, such as foodservice establishments and retailers, can use HCV to help them select equipment that supports their HACCP plan.
Manage Risk Better
HCV is based on regional guidelines and legislation that address materials and articles intended to come into contact with food. The programme covers three aspects of food equipment safety related to the chemical, microbiological and physical hazards addressed by HACCP:
- Food contact materials: Ensures materials are suitable for food contact based on local legislation
- Cleanability: Reviews product design based on applicable standards and NSF’s expertise in specifying generic and universal cleanability requirements for commercial food equipment
- Performance: Tests the capability to hold food at safe temperatures, carry out effective cleaning in place (CIP), etc.
Get Independent Third-Party Verification
If you’re a food equipment manufacturer, you can choose all or some of these NSF services:
- HCV registration: Show your equipment’s compliance with the programme’s requirements
- Review of the design only: Verify cleanability of existing products and products in development
- Testing only: Test existing products and products in development
- Food contact materials testing only: Demonstrate compliance at the unit level
- Specification development: If you’re a specifier, define HACCP-related specifications/requirements
- Additional compliances: On request, add a compliance review to specific food safety requirements outside the scope of HCV registration, such as to specific country or material legislation
Read More About
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.