Marking Excellence in Safety: From the Grocery Store to Your Doctor’s Office
When you see the NSF mark on a product—perhaps a water filter, vitamins, even plant-based food—you probably already know it means the product has been tested by one of the most respected independent certification organizations in existence today.
But did you know that NSF works with medical equipment companies to help ensure they get regulatory approval for equipment used in your doctor’s office? What about your community swimming pool or a hot tub at a local hotel?
Here are some ways NSF is touching your life:
- Your Kitchen: The NSF mark lets you know that a water filter or treatment system has undergone extensive testing to ensure the product’s safety and quality.
- The supermarket or grocery store: Our experts provide guidance on shopping for gluten-free, plant-based, organic and non-GMO foods.
- The pharmacy: NSF helps you better understand the fine print on sports supplements and vitamins.
- The cosmetics counter: Our experts advise on what health and beauty products are organic and what that means to you.
- The neighborhood pool: Pool drains can be a cause for alarm, but not when certified by NSF.
- Restaurants: The food experts at NSF conduct safety and sanitation inspections to help protect the food you enjoy while dining out.
- At the doctor’s office: Here’s an especially timely example. Our experts are making sure In Vitro Diagnostic medical devices comply with the IDVR (regulation) standards by the May 26, 2022, EU IVDR international deadline to stay on the market.
The trusted NSF mark can be found by millions of consumers on many products, including bottled water, dietary supplements, kitchen cookware and utensils, water filters, home appliances, plumbing and faucets, and even pool and spa components.
Working for Peace of Mind
Dedicated to improving global human health, the scientists and experts of NSF are passionate about making sure the products we use every day are safer.
The trusted NSF mark can be found by millions of consumers on many products, including bottled water, dietary supplements, kitchen cookware and utensils, water filters, home appliances, plumbing and faucets, and even pool and spa components. Our mark:
- Provides assurance that a product was impartially reviewed to established standards or guidelines.
- Confirms that product labeling claims have been objectively verified by a trusted third party.
- Demonstrates an organization’s commitment to quality, compliance and safety for consumers.
- Is backed by a team of professionals dedicated to public health and safety operating in more than 180 countries.