Checked by NSF™
In this environment, self-assessments are not enough. The Checked by NSF™ program offers businesses independent verification of COVID-19 preventive measures, providing reassurance that the highest level of procedures and protocols is implemented.
The Checked by NSF™ icon is a visual demonstration of an organization’s commitment to continued workplace safety, verifying organizations have implemented appropriate measures to minimize the risk of COVID-19 among employees, visitors and guests.
Organizations and individual locations authorized by NSF to display the Checked by NSF™ signage have met the requirements detailed below, which were developed by public health experts.
Phase 1: Plan
- Your organization’s reopening plan has been created or vetted by NSF International.
- The reopening plan incorporates guidance from recognized public health authorities and with local requirements.
- A staff leader has been designated and trained in COVID-19 safety protocols.
- COVID-19 control plans are in place to address high-touch surfaces, personal protective equipment usage, physical distancing, facility systems, employee screening and other risk areas.
- Any facility found to be out of compliance with Checked by NSF™ requirements will be given 30 days to correct all deficiencies or will be removed from the program.
Phase 2: Implement
- NSF has documented that all aspects of your reopening plan have been implemented.
- Front line staff has been trained on daily operational checklists and company-specific COVID-19 safety protocols.
Phase 3: Improve
- Your organization continues to monitor, manage and improve your systems and practices.
- Program compliance checks are performed by NSF at least every 90 days using the Checked by NSF™ app, remote verification or on-site visits.
Checked by NSF™ is supported by a custom app that enables collaboration among sites, managers and quality teams, benchmarking of operations and risk-based analytics of leading indicators to proactively mitigate hazards.
Nearly every industry has been affected by COVID-19, and each has special considerations that need to be in place for reopening. With effects felt across every region and sector, employees and customers need reassurance that the best practices in risk mitigation and protection are implemented.
Featured industry sectors include:
Science and Safety – Ensuring Continuous Improvement
NSF brings 75 years of public health, hygiene and infection control experience to the Checked by NSF™ program. With scientific understanding of the virus and the disease it causes is changing quickly, continuous improvement and flexibility is a critical part of COVID-19 controls and prevention protocols. NSF has the expertise to continuously review and evolve protocols based on changing public health risks and the latest scientific research.
The three-phased Checked by NSF™ program assists companies not only to plan and reopen safely, but also to consistently monitor, manage and improve systems and practices to remain open and retain their Checked by NSF™ registration.
NSF has a strong heritage in health and environmental science. We understand how to manage the transmission of infectious disease and we can now bring this expertise to new sectors and businesses that need our support.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to common questions about the Checked by NSF™ program.
Checked by NSF™ Process
Our three-phase program is customizable for industries of all types.
Public Perception of Business Action
NSF survey results found that consumers are most likely to trust a business that clearly posts COVID-19 signage.
Consulting and Technical Services
Building Water Health, North America
Executive Vice President, Consulting Services
Executive Vice President, Medical Device International Services
Senior Project Manager
Home Product Certification / Consumer Products
News and Events
State of Michigan Announces Collaboration with NSF International to Minimize COVID-19 Risks in Workplaces
November 18, 2020
NSF International Sponsors the 2020 Food Safety Summit
October 12, 2020
NSF International Public Health Tip: Choosing a Mask
September 21, 2020
Louvre Hotels Group Controls Health Protocols in More Than 50 Countries by Enrolling in the Independent "Checked By NSF™" Program, From NSF International
July 24, 2020