Customers, investors and consumers demand transparency and visibility around sustainability initiatives, often in the form of annual reports. However, developing an appropriate and representative report is not always straightforward amid fluctuating stakeholder expectations, trends and attention spans.
We help you apply common frameworks to provide consistent and repeatable metrics, understand your progress, benchmark against peers and communicate initiatives to stakeholders.
We assist you in organizing your data into numerous sustainability reporting frameworks, including:
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- The first and most widely accepted standards for sustainability reporting, the GRI framework involves identifying and reporting on material aspects (economic, social and environmental) for your company.
- Of the world’s largest 250 companies, 93% report on sustainability and 82% report to GRI standards.
United Nations Sustainability Development Goals (UN SDGs)
- Internationally recognized and agreed upon by nearly 200 countries, the SDGs outline ambitious goals to protect the environment, eliminate poverty and inequality, and promote peace and prosperity across the globe.
- Today, over 5,200 voluntary commitments to the SDGs are listed on the UN’s online partnership platform.
CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project)
- CDP offers an established platform to report on carbon, forestry and water impact for your company, with a supply chain module to incorporate supplier results. Encompassing governance, strategy and results, CDP grades disclosures from A to F.
- Eighty-seven percent of companies that disclose to CDP Climate Change have identified business opportunities and are taking action to address climate risks, worth $53 billion in savings.
Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- TCFD provides a framework for reporting on climate change-related financial risk to provide consistent and complete information to investors and stakeholders.
- Over 1,600 companies in 70 countries have expressed support for TCFD, representing nearly $12 trillion in market capitalization.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
News and Events
Assurance Program for Sustainable Assessment of Professional Services – Call for Pilot Participants
NSF International is calling for participants in a new assurance program for the NSF/ANSI 391.1 standard, the first American National Standard for sustainability in the professional services industry. The pilot will include professional service organizations, purchasers of professional services and approved certification bodies (CBs).
NSF Is Now an Accredited Solution Provider for CDP Consulting at the Silver Level for Climate Change
NSF International is now a CDP-accredited solution provider, delivering consulting solutions that enable companies to take action and accelerate their journey toward environmental leadership in their industry.
NSF International and Soil Association Team Up to Offer SFI® and FSC® Forestry Certifications
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – NSF International subsidiary NSF Certification, LLC and Soil Association Certification Forestry, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Soil Association, today announced an agreement to offer certification to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI) and Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) responsible forest management standards.
NSF Launches New IVD App