Rick Sanderson has 30 years of experience dedicated to creating sustainable and transparent supply chains. He joined NSF in January 2023 and is passionate about fostering a fair and compassionate commercial environment for producers, people, animals, and the environment.
With extensive experience as a Procurement, Technical, Sales, and Sustainability Director for FTSE 100 companies and blue-chip FMCG manufacturers, Rick has also showcased his entrepreneurial spirit by successfully building and selling his own tech companies that deliver transparency and responsible sourcing platforms.
Rick's achievements have earned him recognition and accolades in his field. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology and a Sustainable Procurement Ambassador. Notably, he was honoured as the UK Agri-Consultant of the Year and was a runner-up in Shell's Entrepreneur of the Year competition.
Beyond his professional endeavours, Rick is deeply committed to making a positive impact on society. He has cultivated a strong relationship with Modern Slavery NGO Unseen UK, actively contributing to raising awareness within the food and beverage sector. Rick has also collaborated with the national food charity, Fareshare, and local homeless charities to organise fundraisers and provide shelter for those in need.
His areas on expertise include:
- Provenance in Foodservice, Wholesale and Retail operations
- Compliance, Standards and Auditing Chain
- ESG Legal Requirements
- Ethical standards, credentials, market expectations and tracking
- Sustainable and Responsible Sourcing Goals
- IT Technical Solutions that deliver transparency and responsible sourcing platforms
- Supply Chain and Raw Material Risk Management, Mapping and Mitigations