Food-Grade Lubricants and ISO 21469 Certification
Demonstrate that your food-grade lubricants follow food safety schemes adopted by regulatory agencies around the world. Our registration programme is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing programme, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements, including FDA 21 CFR, for appropriate use and ingredient and labelling review.
Registration evaluates chemical risks by reviewing product formulations and labels. In addition to H1 food-grade lubricants, we also register:
- H2 lubricants (industrial grade)
- H3 lubricants (soluble oils)
- HT-1 heat transfer fluids (incidental food contact allowed)
- HT-2 heat transfer fluids (no food contact allowed)
- U1 metalworking fluids (surface lubricants used in the manufacture of metallic articles)
- U2 metalworking fluids (cutting oils)
Once registered, products can display the NSF registration mark. This recognised mark of assurance is trusted by the food industry, as well as by food safety regulators and auditors.
Discover the Added Benefits of ISO 21469 Certification
The ISO 21469 standard is recognised internationally. It specifies the hygiene requirements for the formulation, manufacture and use of lubricants that may come into contact with food products during processing. These are often referred to as H1 lubricants, which are designated for “incidental food contact.”
Certification is already mandated by law in Brazil, and many leading brands specify ISO-certified lubricants for use in their facilities. ISO 21469 certification is also recognised in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and animal feed industries.
You could already be on your way to ISO 21469 if you:
- Manufacture H1-grade food-grade lubricants. ISO certification could be the next logical step.
- Have an ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) in place. You’ve already satisfied this prerequisite.
- Have Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) processes in place. You’re ready to be audited as part of certification.
Find registered products and ISO 21469 certified products in the NSF White BookTM, our online directory of registered non-food compounds and proprietary substances.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
Give Your Business a Competitive Advantage With ISO Certification:
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems Certification
Expand your global reach by establishing a quality framework for continual improvement of your processes, products and services.