The Certified Plant Based certification and label make it easy for consumers to choose sustainable alternatives to meat, egg and dairy products by providing assurance that the food contains no animal-derived ingredients.
The plant-based food sector has experienced double-digit growth year over year, bringing the total U.S. plant-based foods market to $5 billion in 20191.
NSF is the exclusive certifier for this Plant Based Foods Association programme, available in the U.S. and Canada. Products eligible for certification include meat, egg and dairy alternatives and similar foods that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. Ingredients that are not of plant or animal origin are allowed as long as individually or combined they do not exceed 10% of the product formula.
Five Reasons to Choose Certified Plant Based Through NSF
- Differentiate your products
- Amplify your brand and build loyalty with the 40% of consumers reducing their meat intake and seeking plant-based options
- Define plant-based foods for consumers and retailers
- Support climate-friendly agricultural practices that resonate with issue-conscious consumers
- Save time and money by bundling with organic, non-GMO or gluten-free certification, or NSF food safety services and certifications
How Can We Help?
Request info or a free quote.
Webinar: Merchandising Strategies to Power Your Plant-Based Food Growth
Five Ways Certifications Connect With Consumers
Certified Plant Based Protocol