Registered Products for Meat and Poultry Processing
The NSF nonfood compounds registration programme covers a wide range of products and chemicals frequently used in the meat and poultry processing industries. In an industry where it’s critical to minimise the risks from pathogens and other hazards, such as grease and dirt, using trusted products is vital.
From marking agents used in slaughterhouses and butcher shops to substances like scald agents to cleaning and disinfecting chemicals, our registration programme enables manufacturers to show the food industry their products can be trusted.
NSF makes it easy for the meat and poultry sector to find the right chemicals. Products that are independently validated as being suitable for use in meat and poultry processing plants are listed in the NSF White BookTM. The registration programme is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing programme, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements, including FDA 21 CFR, for appropriate use and ingredient and labelling review.
Find registered products in the NSF White BookTM, our online directory of registered nonfood compounds and proprietary substances.
Chemical manufacturers can count on:
- A cost-effective, industry-recognised registration programme operating globally
- The expertise of NSF scientists, chemists and toxicologists in validating formulations against regulatory requirements
- An efficient process to enable your latest formulations to reach the market
End users benefit from:
- Easy identification of chemicals suitable for use in meat and poultry food processing through their listing in the NSF White Book and display of the relevant NSF nonfood compound registration mark
- Assurance that products are safe to use across the meat and poultry processing industries
- Support in practising good sanitation, hygiene and food safety
The registration process comprises:
- Formulation review
- Label review
- Traceability review
- Product testing (if applicable)
Once registered, products can display the NSF registration mark. This recognised mark of assurance is trusted globally by the food industry and food safety regulators and auditors. Registered products are verified each year to maintain integrity.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
White Paper: Seven Steps to a Clean and Sanitized Food Processing Facility
Six Reasons End Users Look for Certified Chemicals
What Hand Sanitizer Companies Should Know About the Food Industry
Give Your Business a Competitive Advantage With Additional Certifications:
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems Certification
Expand your global reach by establishing a quality framework for continual improvement of your processes, products and services.