Electrical Field Evaluation and Field Labelling
Manufacturers: Have you designed a custom product? One you’re producing in low volume? A specialty product for a single client? A prototype you want to put into service in the field? (That is, it’s not a product for mass consumption and production, which would require certification.)
The National Electrical Code (NEC) specifies in Article 90.7 that all electrical equipment must be approved. The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) states in 29 CFR 1910.310 and the NEC states in Article 110.3 that all equipment in the workplace must be listed and labeled by a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab (NRTL) prior to operation of the equipment. As an OSHA-approved NRTL, NSF can verify that your products meet relevant electrical and safety standards.
Electrical field evaluation is ideal for ensuring a product meets OSHA requirements.
We Evaluate Products to the Applicable Codes and Standards in Your Industry
NSF conducts field evaluation and labeling of electrical products for many industries, including:
- Commercial food equipment
- Laboratory and testing equipment
- Factory production equipment
- Drinking water and wastewater treatment and distribution
- Pool and spa equipment
- Distributed power equipment
- And more
Our field labeling service includes:
- A physical evaluation of the product to applicable standards by NSF technical experts
- A detailed report of the findings
- An NSF Field Evaluated label placed on the product and including your unique serial number so we can access your information easily if inspectors have questions about your equipment
Count on Quick Response and Confidence You’re in Compliance
We provide faster turnaround times than any other NRTL. In some cases, we can be on-site by the next business day. In addition:
- Your NSF Field Evaluated Label shows that your product meets the requirements of the local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) inspector for final approval
- Qualified electrical engineers conduct our field evaluations
- Your product gains the credibility of the NSF brand, known for protecting health and safety
Ready To Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
Electrical FAQs: Do I Need a NRTL? Do Electronics Need To Be UL Certified?
Electrical FAQs: Is OSHA a NRTL? Is a NRTL the Same as UL?
Electrical FAQs: What Is NRTL Approval? The NRTL Mark? NRTL Compliance?