Drainage Products Certification
NSF International helps manufacturers of drainage products meet all regulatory requirements and plumbing codes throughout the U.S. and Canada. We also provide listings to the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) and International Plumbing Code (IPC).
We test drainage products to confirm the accuracy of your stated flow rates and comply with industry standards, including:
- Floor drains (ASME A112.6.3)
- Roof drains (ASME A112.6.4)
- Grease interceptors and septic tanks (ASME A112.14.3, ASME A112.14.4, CSA B481)
- Plumbing waste fittings and valves (ASSE 1049, 1050 and 1051, ASME A112.14.1)
- Cast iron soil pipes and no-hub couplings (CISPI 301, CISPI 310, ASTM A888)
What Sets Us Apart
By certifying your products with NSF, you’ll shorten the turnaround time between manufacturing and testing, allowing you to get your products to market more quickly.
As an independent, third-party testing and certification agency, NSF is trusted by regulators, plumbing professionals and building and business owners. Manufacturers who achieve certification have access to more opportunities thanks to our highly credible, recognizable certification mark.
We list certified drainage products on NSF’s website, increasing the marketability and visibility of your products with regulators and consumers. In addition to earning industry recognition with the NSF mark, your company will have access to:
- State-of-the-art, in-house drain and grease interceptor testing rigs
- On-site witness testing with timely official results
- Discounts for bundled testing and certification services
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
News and Events
Call for Abstracts: Speaker, Research Poster Proposals Accepted for Legionella Conference 2020
February 13, 2020
Drinking Water Treatment Units Must Now Meet Stricter Requirements for Lead Reduction Certification
February 6, 2020
Second FOG Prevention Conference Draws Diverse Crowd and Spurs Important Discussion
March 12, 2018
In February 2018, NSF International hosted its second annual Fat, Oil and Grease (FOG) Prevention Conference, bringing together a range of industry professionals from plumbing inspectors and consultants to engineers and municipal city officials.
NSF International Appoints Dave Purkiss Vice President of Global Water Division
February 19, 2018