NSF’s experts guide manufacturers and retailers through the Non-GMO Project verification process to earn North America’s most prevalent, third-party verified non-GMO seal. As a leading technical administrator for the Non-GMO Project, we support clients with a thorough understanding of complex, evolving genetically modified organism (GMO) issues and dedicated account managers who care about your business.
The Non-GMO Project Verified butterfly seal is recognized by more than half of North American consumers, and some are willing to pay a premium for verified products.1
Since 2008, the Non-GMO Project has verified more than 60,000 products from over 3,000 brands. Verification to the Non-GMO Project Standard represents best practices for GMO avoidance and may include testing of high-risk ingredients in product formulations.
What the Latest Consumer Trends for Non-GMO Products Reveal2
- The biggest reason why consumers purchase non-GMO foods is that they are recognized as being healthy.
- 26-35-year-olds are the age group most likely to consume non-GMO foods.
- 37% of those we surveyed have consumed a non-GMO product in the last week.
Four Reasons to Choose Non-GMO Project Verification Through NSF
- Demonstrate your brand’s commitment to building a more transparent, sustainable food system
- Comply with current labeling requirements such as Whole Food Market’s GMO Labeling Policy and the USDA’s National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard
- Amplify your brand with increased market share and differentiation opportunities
- Save time and money by bundling with organic or gluten-free certification, or NSF food safety services and certifications
How Can We Help?
Request info or a free quote.
E-Book: Food Labels, Content and Claims
Five Ways Certifications Connect With Consumers
Get the Non-GMO Project Standard
News and Events
NSF Updates Non-GMO Certification Requirements
July 30, 2019
NSF Certifies Ener-C Dietary Supplement Products to NSF Non-GMO True North
May 5, 2017
Inspired by Purpose
July 15, 2022
NSF-ISR Participates in the SFI/PLT Conference on Sustainable Forestry
June 24, 2022
2 NSF/Fitch Solutions survey: Purchasing and Consumption Habits for Organic, Non-GMO, and Plant-Based Food and Drink.