Food Contact Materials Testing
Navigate the complex, varying regulatory requirements in different global markets. NSF can help make sure your commercial food equipment, food packaging, consumer products and food processing equipment meet the material requirements of almost any region.
Count on our toxicologists, experience and specialized, state-of-the-art labs for:
- Initial reviews, evaluations and testing of food contact materials
- Customized analyses
- Migration testing to a variety of conditions and regulations per your needs
- Material formulation reviews to specific regulations outside of the European Union or U.S.
- Testing for heavy metals, bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates, and California Proposition 65 review and testing
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Requirements
Get comprehensive material review and testing services, along with accurate interpretations of FDA regulations. Our services include:
- FDA Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 (21 CFR) material formulation review
- 21 CFR end testing and FDA migration testing
- Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) notification assistance
- Food contact notification (FCN) and threshold of regulation (TOR) preparation and submission for new or updated food contact substances
NSF offers guidance, reviews and testing to European Framework Regulation EC 1935/2004, specific measures therein (EU 10/2011 and others) and national regulations (French, Italian, Dutch, German and others). Our services include:
- Declaration of Compliance (DoC) preparation
- Overall migration limit (OML) testing, specific migration limit (SML) testing and organoleptic testing
- Risk-based testing where applicable
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
What’s New in the NSF/ANSI 2 Food Equipment Standard?
What the FDA’s Recent Amendment to CFR Title 21 Means for Material Manufacturers
Quick Guide to NRTL Marks on Your Electrical Products