GHG and Carbon Verification
Measuring and reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can help identify ways to improve performance, reduce risk, protect or enhance your organization’s reputation, and secure shareholder and stakeholder trust. Accounting for GHG emissions is a building block for organizational and supply chain sustainability reporting and evaluation.
NSF International verifies GHG inventories and GHG projects. We can also verify the carbon footprint of product labels, which is an emerging regulatory requirement, especially in European markets.
Quantifying GHG emissions allows you to:
- Identify opportunities for improving energy efficiency and reducing operating costs
- Meet public and shareholder expectations for responsible GHG management
- Comply with governmental regulations for CO2 and other GHG reporting
- Validate and verify carbon offset credits
- Provide confidence in the reliability of your carbon footprint assertions
- Enhance public credibility of GHG emission reduction efforts
- Satisfy regulatory and voluntary GHG reporting program requirements
- Strengthen your management of GHG opportunities and risks
Accreditations and Approvals
NSF is an ANSI-accredited product certification body (#1181). ANSI accredits us to:
- ISO 14065:2013 as a validation and verification body in waste management (including methane destruction) and livestock manure management
- Verify GHG inventories in these sectors: general, manufacturing, power generation, mining and mineral production, chemical production, oil and gas, waste, agriculture, forestry and other land use (AFOLU)
- Verify these project scopes: forestry, emissions reductions from industrial processes and ozone depleting substances/nitric acid emission reduction
The California ARB approved NSF International to verify inventories in these sectors: general stationary combustion, transactions, oil and gas systems and process emissions.
The Climate Action Reserve (CAR) approved NSF International to verify projects in forestry, livestock methane management, ozone depleting substance destruction and landfill gas management.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
News and Events
Assurance Program for Sustainable Assessment of Professional Services – Call for Pilot Participants
June 1, 2020
NSF International is calling for participants in a new assurance program for the NSF/ANSI 391.1 standard, the first American National Standard for sustainability in the professional services industry. The pilot will include professional service organizations, purchasers of professional services and approved certification bodies (CBs).
NSF and E-Reuse Services Collaborate to Make Electronics Reuse Conference Waste-Free for Second Year
September 19, 2019
Every year, tradeshows and conferences generate thousands of tons of waste in the form of flyers, hand-outs, packaging, coffee cups and more. A closer look reveals an estimated 60 million people attend tradeshows each year—with each attendee generating up to 20 pounds of waste. Not surprisingly, this has a significant impact on the environment.
GMP Harmonization: NSF Is Approved for Amazon Supplement Sales Rules
May 7, 2021
Celebrating a Pioneer in Public Health and Drinking Water Safety: Dr. Nina McClelland
March 30, 2021