Social Responsibility Audits
NSF’s global team of industry-leading technical experts can help you implement responsible business practices that demonstrate your commitment to sustainability and a transparent and ethical supply chain. We bring our global expertise to the local level and provide:
- Supplier assessments: We conduct assessments to verify compliance by prioritizing rigor and efficiency while leveraging existing audit and compliance procedures for your suppliers.
- Responsible sourcing strategy development: We create a strategy that helps manage supply chain risks, protect security of supply and enhance brand reputation.
- Risk assessment or audit: We assess your supply chain to help you understand and map your vulnerabilities.
- Roadmap design: We help you define objectives to guide your business to your responsibility targets.
- Modern slavery: We can advise on your obligatory modern slavery statement, assess risk and surface issues. We offer training tools to raise awareness of the issue with your employees and supply chain.
Social Responsibility Audits
Save time and money by streamlining regional and industry-specific social responsibility audits:
- Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit(SMETA): One of the world’s leading organizations helping companies manage ethical sourcing, Sedex has 50,000 members in 150 countries and has gathered over 280,000 audits worldwide. We can guide you through the process, assisting you with your self-assessment or conducting your audit to demonstrate your adherence to good labor, health and safety, environmental and business practices.
- Responsible Agricultural Company Certificate (CEAR): This program supports the rights of workers in Mexico and was developed by AHIFORES (International Fruit and Vegetable Alliance for Social Responsibility). The certificate ensures agricultural producers’ compliance to good labor and social welfare practices, infrastructure and services for workers and their families, and environmental protection.
- GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Practice (GRASP): This assessment of social practices on the farm focuses on workers’ health, safety and welfare. Designed to complement GLOBALG.A.P. certification, GRASP has helped 50,000+ producers upgrade their good social practices, assess their social management systems and demonstrate their compliance to their buyers.
- Sustainability Initiative of South Africa (SIZA): This holistic offering identifies problems, usually through an independent third-party audit, and provides appropriate support and interventions, including awareness-raising and relevant capacity-building programs.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
News and Events
Assurance Program for Sustainable Assessment of Professional Services – Call for Pilot Participants
June 1, 2020
NSF International is calling for participants in a new assurance program for the NSF/ANSI 391.1 standard, the first American National Standard for sustainability in the professional services industry. The pilot will include professional service organizations, purchasers of professional services and approved certification bodies (CBs).
NSF International and Soil Association Team Up to Offer SFI® and FSC® Forestry Certifications
September 25, 2019
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – NSF International subsidiary NSF Certification, LLC and Soil Association Certification Forestry, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Soil Association, today announced an agreement to offer certification to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI) and Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) responsible forest management standards.
NSF and E-Reuse Services Collaborate to Make Electronics Reuse Conference Waste-Free for Second Year
September 19, 2019
Every year, tradeshows and conferences generate thousands of tons of waste in the form of flyers, hand-outs, packaging, coffee cups and more. A closer look reveals an estimated 60 million people attend tradeshows each year—with each attendee generating up to 20 pounds of waste. Not surprisingly, this has a significant impact on the environment.
NSF Is Now a Provisional Member of the Association of Professional Social Compliance Auditors
August 28, 2019
NSF International is now a provisional member of the Association of Professional Social Compliance Auditors (APSCA), an industry association that promotes the use of independent social compliance audits as a means of improving workplace conditions globally. NSF joins the ranks of 40+ member firms across 96 countries in advancing workplace conditions for workers globally.