Corporate Social Responsibility
This includes the people and communities where we operate.
Contact us on 00 1 734 418 6612
It takes people, energy, water and many other resources to carry out our global mission. NSF is committed to identifying and acknowledging these impacts, assessing their scope and significance, and reducing them to the greatest extent possible.
We do this by working across three large domains of corporate social responsibility: environment, social, and governance. In addition to our commitment to identify, acknowledge, assess and reduce issues within these domains, NSF is committed to weaving the following overarching principles into every aspect of our business as we continue to develop and grow our corporate sustainability activities:
- Transparency and openness
- Stakeholder involvement
- Community investment
- Diversity, equity, fairness and respect
- Deliberate, meaningful and verifiable progress on corporate commitments
- Clear, accurate and regular reporting of progress
Environmental Management Systems Policy
NSF also developed an environmental management systems (EMS) policy that includes these core values:
- NSF International is committed to providing environmental leadership in all aspects of its work.
- NSF considers the environmental impact of its operations activities and takes appropriate steps to minimise or prevent environmental pollution.
- NSF strives to go beyond compliance in meeting relevant environmental laws, regulations and other applicable requirements.
- NSF conducts its operations in a manner that is designed to minimise the impact on the environment and the people who live and work in that environment.
- NSF is dedicated to conformity with the requirements of ISO 14001, and to the continual improvement of its environmental management system by establishing and meeting environmental targets and objectives.