BRCGS: Food Safety Issue 8 Lead Auditor- Virtual
September 12 – 16, 2022
This in-depth course will provide an understanding of the Standard in terms of the protocol, requirements, and how to audit effectively. Delegates will gain an in-depth guide to the requirements of the Standard, and learn how to undertake a BRCGS audit, including effective planning, conducting, and reporting of the audit. Auditing techniques will be practiced and developed, to include the auditor competency skills required of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) scheme auditors.
Delegates must have prior working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and also have completed a hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) course of at least two days' duration.
At the end of the course, you will be assessed with an exam. Successful completion of this course, including the exam, forms part of the training necessary to become a BRCGS auditor. The steps necessary to complete your training must be arranged with a BRCGS-approved certification body.
Before the course, you must have read and reviewed a copy of the Standard, which is available as a free download from the BRCGS Store.
This course is part of the BRCGS Professional recognition program.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the background and benefits of the Global Standard for Food Safety
- Understand the relationship with other Standards: ISO and the GFSI-benchmarked Standards
- Know the fundamental clauses and statements of intent
- Understand BRCGS audit methodology, the enrolment program, and the unannounced audit schemes
- Know how to close an audit and deal with corrective actions
- Know how reports are uploaded onto the BRCGS Directory and how certificates are issued
- Understand the benefits of a BRCGS Directory listing
- Understand how certification bodies are monitored for compliance by BRCGS
- This course is also available as an onsite offering. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.