HACCP for Manufacturing Food Packaging Materials - Virtual
January 12 – 15, 2021
All virtual instructor-led training courses are delivered in Eastern Time (ET).
Virtual Team Training for this course is available. Contact us to request a quote.
This virtual instructor-led training course is delivered in four 3.5-hour sessions on back-to-back training days.
The food safety risks and controls for a food packaging manufacturing facility are different from those for food processors. Whether you manufacture flexible packaging, rigid plastics, cartons, cut and stack labels, or glass or composite cans, this training provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply the Codex 12 steps to HACCP to develop, implement and maintain a HACCP-based food safety management system.
What You’ll Do
- Assess a process flow for your operation
- Use the decision tree to identify process controls and critical control points (CCPs)
- Examine shared HACCP plan models for various packaging materials
- Work through a documentation framework for developing HACCP plans, with demonstration of forms and templates for an identified packaging product and manufacturing process
- Discuss implementation strategies
This course concludes with an online examination. The link to access the exam will be emailed to the email address used for course registration. The online exam must be completed within ten business days of having completed the training course, following which, the exam access will expire.
This course satisfies the HACCP training requirement for the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standards (BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, etc.).
Prerequisite(s): Working knowledge of the food packaging industry is essential. A good understanding of food safety principles is beneficial.