This self-paced digital learning course provides comprehensive instruction on pharmaceutical microbiology in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The online microbiology course is presented in three modules for approximately five hours* of content.
Module 1: Introductory Topics (approximately 1 hour)At the end of this module, you will:
- Explain microbiological problems in the context of pharmaceutical manufacturing, including how to identify problems
- Know the meaning of microorganisms and their significance
- Understand how microorganisms grow and why it matters
Module 2: Intermediate Topics (approximately 2.5 hours)At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Review how microorganisms are counted and explain the rapid microbiological methods
- Outline the identification of microorganisms and explain pharmaceutical water systems
- Review pyrogens and pyrogen testing
- Understand microbiological evaluations of raw materials
- Understand microbiological contamination and spoilage
- Know the principles of preservation in the pharmaceutical context
- Understand antibiotics and how to assess antimicrobial activity
- Outline and understand the importance of good disinfection practices
Module 3: Advanced Topics (approximately 1.5 hours)
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Review sterilization principles and methods
- Explain bio validation of sterilization
- Describe sterility testing in the pharmaceutical environment
- Discover microbiological validation of cleanrooms
- Review microbiological environmental monitoring methods
- Know how to perform a microbiological risk assessment
*This online microbiology course is self-paced. Completion times are estimated based on the amount of content in each module.