RC14001® and RCMS® Certifications
Designed by the American Chemistry Council (ACC), Responsible Care® 14001 (RC14001®) and Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®) certifications demonstrate a commitment to improving environmental and health performance. Proactively manage your facilities, processes and products by conforming to ACC standards.
NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) is a leading registrar and certification body for RCMS® and RC14001®. Whether you're applying for first-time certification or transferring it, our technical expertise and third-party auditing experience can help your company:
- Identify the potential environmental, health, safety and security (EHSS) impacts of your activities, products or services
- Plan for emergency preparedness and develop a response
- Identify EHSS risks and opportunities
- Foster a safe and healthy work environment
- Meet EHSS legal and policy requirements
RC14001® management systems certification is optional, incorporating both RC14001® and ISO 14001 requirements in a single cost-effective management system.
RCMS® certification is currently mandatory for all ACC members, and there are two options:
- Option 1, RCMS Certificate: Recognizes a headquarters (HQ), facility or company which has successfully completed its RCMS audit and maintained annual surveillance audits. Option 1 provides annual surveillance shifts and also allows for RCMS multi-site sampling.
- Option 2, RCMS Statement of Conformity: Recognizes an HQ or facility which has successfully completed its RCMS audit. The RCMS Statement of Conformity (may be referred to under various names) provides one audit per ACC cycle with no surveillance audits.