Checked by NSF – Food Safety Requirements
Give your customers greater confidence in your food safety and hygiene standards.
Give your customers added reassurance, demonstrate your commitment to achieving a 5-star food hygiene rating check, and differentiate your food business with Checked by NSF – Food Safety Requirements verification.
Our food rating hygiene checklist verifies that for a specification location(s), your food hygiene and safety policies are in place and being implemented, and you have achieved the required NSF score to be issued a Checked by NSF – Food Safety verification logo, on a specific date.
Designed for food businesses including hospitality, supermarkets and other shops serving food, our food hygiene audits give your customers confidence you’re committed to operating food safety and hygiene practices. Businesses who advertise or are managed by online food aggregators are also eligible.
Checked by NSF – Food Safety Verification Benefits
By achieving ‘Checked by NSF’ – Food Safety Requirements verification you will be able to:
- Promote your focus on food safety and quality
- Demonstrate your commitment to a positive food safety culture
- Prepare and ready your business for future local authority visits
- Promote ‘Checked by NSF’ logo to demonstrate your compliance
Using a combination of a policy review to check there is a management system in place, and an on-site visit, our food safety assessment reviews how you and your team:
- Serves food
We will also assess your food safety management system, document controls, and the food safety pre-requisite standards connected to your business.*
The Programme Is Based on These Regulations
- Europe: Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the council of 29 April 2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs and will be assessed in line with the Food Standards Agency ‘Brand Standard’
- For organisations operating outside the UK, an international programme is available.
- We will visit your business on at least an annual basis to check your continued compliance with the required standards.
*The programme is not a replication of legal or regulatory requirements, nor does verification represent legal or regulatory compliance.