· 1 min read
Seven Steps to Certification: Drinking Water Systems, Components and Chemicals
At NSF, we’ve been testing and certifying products for over 70 years. In that time, we have streamlined the process to make it less complicated.
We know time to market is important, and so is visibility into the certification process. That’s why we’ve broken it up into seven steps:
- Review: Our technical team reviews formulations and/or parts lists.
- On-Site Audit: We perform an on-site audit of the production facility and collect/request samples.
- Testing: Our laboratory conducts testing on the product.
- Technical Evaluation: We complete a final technical evaluation.
- Certification: NSF certification is granted (and maintained annually).
Your company submits an application.
You provide product formulation, toxicology and product use information.