Kyle Postmus has 10 years of experience in the water treatment industry. In his role as Global Senior Manager of the Drinking Water Treatment Units (DWTU) Program, he oversees all aspects of the certification of residential water treatment devices and municipal filters. He has been with NSF since 2013 and is active as an observer on the DWTU Joint Committee.
Mr. Postmus also held previous roles at NSF including as a Test Technician for NSF’s Drinking Water Treatment Systems Lab, Project Manager in Water Treatment Chemicals and Filtration Media, and Senior Technical Manager of the DWTU Program. These teams work to help ensure the quality and safety of products used in municipal water treatment, water distribution, residential drinking water treatment, plumbing, pools and spas, and wastewater treatment.
His areas of expertise include:
- Water quality issues and regulations
- NSF/ANSI standards and the standards development process
- Technical sales support and operational optimization
- Residential point-of-use and point-of-entry water treatment devices including:
- Granular activated carbon and mechanical filtration
- Reverse osmosis, ultra, nano, and microfiltration membranes
- UV treatment
- Ion exchange resin and water softeners
- Atmospheric water generators